F Gavin McKenna - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2026 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
DOB : December 20, 2007
Draft Eligible : 2026

POB : Whitehorse, YT, Canada

Height : 5 foot 7
Weight : 123 lbs

19-20 : 22+17=39 (1.95 ppg).

18-19 : WSI U12 7+5=12 (1.50 ppg)

16-17 : Brick Invitational 4+7=11 (1.95 ppg)

I don't know anything about him,
he just is that other 2026 eligible team mate from WSI U12.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Does anyone have any info on Gavin McKenna? According to EliteProspects he's a 13 Year Old scoring over a PPG in the CSSHL U18.

The league is mainly U18 in name only as the best players are usually 15-16 but McKenna has 12 PTS in 8 GP so far according to EP. McKenna also was tied for 3rd in Brick scoring in 2017 along with fellow 2026 top prospect Ryan Roobroeck.

EP says he's 5'7 but the CSSHL website has him at 5'9. McKenna will turn 14 in December but has already established himself as a top scorer with kids up to 3-4 years older.

Gavin McKenna at eliteprospects.com

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
21 pts in 13 games

Seems like someone to watch for 2026. Canada has some good talent that class (Roobroeck, McKenna, Tomik, Moore)

EDIT : Forgot Brady Martin as well is supposed to be really good

EDIT 2 : Definitely someone to watch lol

Last edited:

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Only 2 players in the CSSHL U18 have scored a higher PPG as a 14 year old.

Connor Bedard & Matthew Savoie.

Might have a future exceptional status player or a WHL 1st overall pick in a couple of years. Him and Roobroeck seem to be legitimate top prospects for 2026.

Reactions: Bubbles

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Only 2 players in the CSSHL U18 have scored a higher PPG as a 14 year old.

Connor Bedard & Matthew Savoie.

Might have a future exceptional status player or a WHL 1st overall pick in a couple of years. Him and Roobroeck seem to be legitimate top prospects for 2026.

Anyone see this kid play?

He's only 13! Basically a 2008 born (U-14) playing U-18 level. Savoie and Bedard were not playing this level at his age. He's almost 2 ppg.

Might be a special prodigious player. And he's from Whitehorse!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

EichelFan15

May 7, 2021
Up to 20 points in 11 games. Bedard and Savoie both were both in the 2.3 PPG range at the same age - although McKenna is a Dec birthday.I wonder if he applies for exceptional status. I believe the deadline was Dec 1. Heard there might be as many as 4 applicants for the OHL.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Anyone see this kid play?

He's only 13! Basically a 2008 born (U-14) playing U-18 level. Savoie and Bedard were not playing this level at his age. He's almost 2 ppg.

Might be a special prodigious player. And he's from Whitehorse!!!

I'm going to go catch him as he's playing just down the road from me. Didn't realize it. Will update this thread accordingly

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
There is talk he could apply for exceptional status this year.
In the OHL there could be as many as 4 (Misa, Moore, Roobroeck, Weir)
We’ll see what happens.

Don't know about Weir as I haven't heard much about him but Roobroeck I think has a good shot and Misa & Moore have outside chances. Need to see a bit more from McKenna but he looks like he could earn some exceptional talk.

EichelFan15

May 7, 2021
Don't know about Weir as I haven't heard much about him but Roobroeck I think has a good shot and Misa & Moore have outside chances. Need to see a bit more from McKenna but he looks like he could earn some exceptional talk.
I heard the deadline to apply was Dec 1st. I wonder when word will leak about who has applied.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Anyone know of list of players that have applied for exceptional status but have been denied? I only know of Savoie, Heidt, Yager and McFarland.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Anyone know of list of players that have applied for exceptional status but have been denied? I only know of Savoie, Heidt, Yager and McFarland.
Thats it as far as i’m aware.
Many players think about it but if its unlikely they get approved anyway, they may as well just save themselves paying the application fee.

Reactions: Bubbles

EichelFan15

May 7, 2021
Hard to think this kid wouldn't have a case for exceptional status when his PPG is higher than any CSSHL player taken in first round of the dub draft today, including 3 of his teamates who he is outscoring by a pretty wide margin.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Hard to think this kid wouldn't have a case for exceptional status when his PPG is higher than any CSSHL player taken in first round of the dub draft today, including 3 of his teamates who he is outscoring by a pretty wide margin.

Yep, and only Bedard and Savoie ahead of him in terms of scoring as an U14 according to Elite Prospects. Seems like the type of player to get Exceptional Status or go 1st in the WHL Draft. I will hold my excitement since some thought Catton would get E.S. but McKenna makes a strong case.

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
Another Yukon boy

Excited to follow his career just like I was about Dylan. Been trying to find anything to read up on this kid since I came across his page a couple weeks ago

Reactions: vancityluongo

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Watched him tonight, he put up 3 points. Meanwhile one of the Dads was telling me that this was his quietest game of the season. Needless to say, I was impressed.

Highly skilled puck possession winger, fast, controlled the play whenever he had the puck.

His team is stacked with a bunch of high WHL picks and he's on the ice for most of every PP...so he's benefitting from that. But big picture, he's just turned 14 and already looks to have a leg up on his teammates who'll be in the WHL next year.

Definitely one to watch.

EichelFan15

May 7, 2021
Watched him tonight, he put up 3 points. Meanwhile one of the Dads was telling me that this was his quietest game of the season. Needless to say, I was impressed.

Highly skilled puck possession winger, fast, controlled the play whenever he had the puck.

His team is stacked with a bunch of high WHL picks and he's on the ice for most of every PP...so he's benefitting from that. But big picture, he's just turned 14 and already looks to have a leg up on his teammates who'll be in the WHL next year.

Definitely one to watch.
Any mention from the dad about whether Gavin applied for exceptional status or not?

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
Does anyone have an idea of what his current rank is in the WHL draft? I have to imagine he's top 3, but as a Yukoner, I need to hear it said lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad