F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
when looking at tape of some of the goal scorers in this draft you can see that they care capable of scoring in a variety of ways. Deflections, rebounds, snipes, backhands, wrist shots, slap shots, breakaways. With Zadina you see a great wrist shot and quick hands and that is about it. Unless this guy is the second coming of ovi, its going to be very hard making a living scoring those type of goals.
What are you talking about? Watch literally any Zadina highlight video you will see him score in every way you mentioned. He rarely uses slap shot, but it's not all that effective anymore in today's hockey.

Reactions: Acadien86

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
What are you talking about? Watch literally any Zadina highlight video you will see him score in every way you mentioned. He rarely uses slap shot, but it's not all that effective anymore in today's hockey.

For most of the year Tkachuk was the one being piled on, since the combine it seems to be purely Zadina.

As I said earlier, if a team passes on him, they will regret it.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
That guy described another player that I have never heard of, not zadina. Zadinas game is a pretty simple one, he is good at getting open in scoring areas, reads plays well and gives his teammates a lot of open ice all while not being as fast as most of the players on the ice. Very agile skater. The one cause for concern is his overall speed and how to get faster. Really not many negatives to his game.

LarrysMustache

Feb 29, 2016
He's definitely not the only player in the draft with 40 goal upside... Svechnikov and Wahlstrom are both right up there in terms of offensive potential.
Projection is different from upside. You need to weigh the probability of attaining his upside and transition/adaptation of his game. Based on the display by the 2018 batch, he has the highest projection in terms of goal scoring abilities for the next level. Andrei is good at pretty much everything and effective around the net but doesn't have Zadina's combination of release and hedge work. It was pretty evident at the U20

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

What a entitled loser wtf is this about haha.

Tweet makes it sounds like he didn't want Western Canada. He did state about a week ago that he didn't think Montreal wants him. All likely nothing and he doesn't really have a say to where he gets drafted. Doesn't sound like Montreal wants him anyways.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
how similar is this to puljujarvi falling to 4 in 2016?

Similar in that it's not nearly as big of a deal as people think.

Zadina is an excellent prospect but shouldn't be considered as in his own separate tier after Dahlin/Svechnikov.

He's not the slum dunk #3 pick that the HF hive-mind has proclaimed him to be. Should be considered as in the same tier as guys like Dobson/Kotkaniemi/Bouchard/Wahlstrom/Tkachuk/Hughes.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Barkov had 48 points in 53 games in his SM-Liiga draft season. Kotkaniemi had 29 in 57. Not having seen him play and just going on the numbers, that's a pretty large gap.

That's smoke and mirrors gamesmanship by management of Ottawa/Arizona in hoping Zadina falls to them.

That's very ignorant, Barkov played in lock out season and had perfect chemistry and opportunities being given to him which inflates the stats. Obviously Barkov is still better, but going by Liiga stats will say nothing to you.

Laine had 33 points in 46 games, him and Barkov both played for Tappara. It's just two different scenarios altogether

edit: Personally I don't think Kotkaniemi is worth a top 5 pick though

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like this player very much. Always impressed me with each viewing. He's an impact winger. Impact wingers win championships.

My draft grade. A

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
habs **** the bed

detroit got a good one

Montreal's shit wasn't nearly as massive as Arizona's.

Chayka be like:

tumblr_ovezb1iqjd1sc0ffqo7_1280.gif

Reactions: ThewThew
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad