F Dylan James - Okotoks Oilers, AJHL (2022, 40th, DET)

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Figured this one deserves a bump. James is currently the rookie scoring leader in the USHL with 53 points in 55 games and is seemingly flying under the radar. He’s coming off a monster three-game set last weekend - 7 goals and 2 assists in 3 games, and was named the USHL Forward of the Week.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Figured this one deserves a bump. James is currently the rookie scoring leader in the USHL with 53 points in 55 games and is seemingly flying under the radar. He’s coming off a monster three-game set last weekend - 7 goals and 2 assists in 3 games, and was named the USHL Forward of the Week.
Those numbers would typically land him a 2nd-3rd round draft pick, no?

Reactions: JohnJim

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of my favorite draft-eligibles from the USHL in 2022.

My notes from what I watched of him this season.

James: Big winger with good skating and motor. Works very hard and plays physical. Some 1v1 puck skills and playmaking. Wouldn’t call him a great hockey sense guy or a huge scorer, but there’s some good tools here and should be no later than a round 4 guy. Round 2-3 could even be possible.

Reactions: JohnJim

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Dylan James is perhaps the hardest working, highest work ethic player of all the hard working, high work ethic players, lol. I've been tracking James for a couple years in the AJHL, and you could tell in 19/20 that he wasn't going to be long for that level but that there wasn't much read in to his 7 games last year.

Made a smooth transition to the USHL, winning the Rookie of the Year and was a key piece for Sioux City's USHL championship.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Wasn't a huge reach on draft day, but still a round early for me. Seems like just a grinder/depth guy at North Dakota and that's what he'd be in the NHL if he makes it. Classic Draper/Yzerman pick, thought they could have swung on skill (ex: Casey/Hutson/Goyette) at this slot. Curious to know what the UND/NCHC fans think of James.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Wasn't a huge reach on draft day, but still a round early for me. Seems like just a grinder/depth guy at North Dakota and that's what he'd be in the NHL if he makes it. Classic Draper/Yzerman pick, thought they could have swung on skill (ex: Casey/Hutson/Goyette) at this slot. Curious to know what the UND/NCHC fans think of James.
Have watched him more and he projects well as a bottom 6 energy forward with blazing speed. Darren Helm type, maybe Draper also saw a bit of himself in James. We will see how long James stays at UND and if the Red Wings will be able to get him signed.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Sometimes players simply want options of where to play. It's a career/life decision for many
the problem is that draft pix are of extreme importance to an nhl teams success , if there wasnt a draft and players could just sign where they want theres no nhl . yes ok if a player doesnt want to play for the team that drafted him thats their choice , go play in any other league they want but not the nhl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad