F Dominik Petr - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2023 Draft)

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
He must go to Sweden or Finland. Czech junior system will not develop him in the right way and will ruin his potential.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
What makes you say that? Look at Necas, Kaut, Chytil, they all developed well in the Czech Republic.
Yeah and that's basically the best we made in last 10 years.

Martin Necas, 2 full seasons in Extraliga, already played on World Hockey Championship, lot peoples expect him to be in NHL right now and where is he? I know that's it's just matter of time until he gets call up, but let's be honest, the reason why he is not there is just because Czech junior system didn't make him ready for NHL.

I'm not saying that leaving Czech Republic is the only way how you can develop, it's really impressive that he is dominating in U16 ,league as a 13 years old, but if he is really that good, he will not have a big competition here and that's why he needs to leave in future, because in Sweden or Finland he will bigger competition, better leagues, better coaches, better everything and since I don't see any changes in Czech hockey in near future, I would recommend him to leave. But that's just my opinion.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Yeah and that's basically the best we made in last 10 years.

Martin Necas, 2 full seasons in Extraliga, already played on World Hockey Championship, lot peoples expect him to be in NHL right now and where is he? I know that's it's just matter of time until he gets call up, but let's be honest, the reason why he is not there is just because Czech junior system didn't make him ready for NHL.

I'm not saying that leaving Czech Republic is the only way how you can develop, it's really impressive that he is dominating in U16 ,league as a 13 years old, but if he is really that good, he will not have a big competition here and that's why he needs to leave in future, because in Sweden or Finland he will bigger competition, better leagues, better coaches, better everything and since I don't see any changes in Czech hockey in near future, I would recommend him to leave. But that's just my opinion.
Btw, why they get rid of U18 league? Right now, there is only U16 and U19. Don't get me wrong but I think its little bit strange. Do you think its better for the development?

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Btw, why they get rid of U18 league? Right now, there is only U16 and U19. Don't get me wrong but I think its little bit strange. Do you think its better for the development?
Nobody here don't understand that either. But that's not the biggest problem with the leagues. More importantly is that in U16 league is 30 teams and in U19 league is 24 teams. That's basically means that anyone who can skate is playing there, no competition at all = no development.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
What makes you say that? Look at Necas, Kaut, Chytil, they all developed well in the Czech Republic.
Not exactly a great argument when two of the those are AHLers and the third one is a third liner at the NHL level.

I don't know anything about Petr other than his stat line, but he plays for a stacked team. Probably easy to get at least an assist or two a game. Until he does something at higher level competition, no reason to hype him. That goes for every player in the Czech U16, the league is bad.

Reactions: Renmar

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
The next Jagr, Dominik Petr is destroying the Czech U16 league as a 13 year old. He is one of the best players in the Czech U16 league. He will be draft eligible in 2023, which is still miles away but he looks like an interesting player based on his stats.

Dominik Petr at eliteprospects.com
The next jagr, let’s calm down with that

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
His Dad is a longtime coach in Czechs leagues and junior national teams and is also 6'5. Expect Dominik to grow within the next few years but I agree, he should probably try and go to another countries junior league

JustAPleb

Feb 14, 2019
Heard some rumors that he´s trying to go Sweden or Finland next season. Finnish team Rauman Lukko is one potential team for him next season.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
16 pts in 6 games in the U17 as a 15 years old. Tied 3rd league wide. #1/2 with 19 pts are 16 years old.
0 pt in 2 game in U20.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Petr will play in Lukko U18 next season. Lukko's team is not the best team in U18 SM-sarja and that's why he will have big role too.

6pts in 3 gp this season already in U18. With good offseason preparation he can perhaps make the Lukko U20 team.

Reactions: hellwar9

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Not ready yet for that move. Maybe later in 2021-2022 season.

I'm just comparing him to Slafkovsky who is much more physically developed and this helped him play u20 at 16. What is Petr's actual size? He surely can't be still 5'11 137 lbs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad