F Dmitri Rashevsky - Dynamo Moscow, KHL (2021, 146th, WPG)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Dmitri Rashevsky at eliteprospects.com

2nd best MHL scorer right now with 42 + 27 after 58 games. He scored 30 points in the last 15 games. The thing, that impresses the most, is his progress - he scored just 5 points in 24 games last season. Good size with 6'1, but the frame isn't that filled yet with 165 lb. Hard to say about anything else, I haven't seen him playing yet.

Reactions: kp61c

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
@Caser

Thoughts on Rashevsky? I've seen him ranked as high as 23rd. Do you think he even gets drafted?

I'm not so impressed by his skating as for the numbers he posted last season, some time ago I wrote this:

I can't say I watched a lot of Dynamo St.Petersburg games this season, but those stats aren't so impressive to me, as almost half of Rashevsky's goals are scored on the PP (and Dynamo was among the top league teams in terms of PP minutes). Additionally he was frequently playing with Zhabreyev, who is a very good and creative playmaker and also you can't say he is among the youngest players of the league, which makes me want to see him translate those goals to the VHL first.

As for this kind of high position, I'd like to know where these guys have, for example, someone like Gordin.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's not only a D+1, but has an early Oct. birthday, making close to two years older than some other players in the draft, but certainly a year older than most. That's quite an advantage, and has to be taken into account. Players like Fagemo and Leason were taken in the second round last year. Seems the earliest he would be taken, and even that's a stretch.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
@Caser

Thoughts on Rashevsky? I've seen him ranked as high as 23rd. Do you think he even gets drafted?

I think he cracks the top 50, but I also think he’ll be a top 20 player from the draft. I’ve only seen youtube and read 5-6 scouting reports, but from what I know he is very smart, very elusive, highly skilled and on a very astonishing trajectory with his development.

If you want to swing for a home run, swing for someone who might have more ceiling than a comparable prospect. Jarvis, Robins, B. Hughes and Rashevsky all improved immensely over the last 12-18 months and could be selected higher than expected.

Reactions: Dempsey

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I like this kid a lot.

I think the real test for him will be the KHL. If he can put up even half a point per game there in his first season, that will show me he is not just an overager doing well in lower leagues...

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Not too familiar with the Russian leagues and progression. He seems to be fluctuating between the MHL and VHL. Why is this? Also, is there anything preventing him from playing in the KHL right now?

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Not too familiar with the Russian leagues and progression. He seems to be fluctuating between the MHL and VHL. Why is this? Also, is there anything preventing him from playing in the KHL right now?

KHL is the highest league there, then VHL, then MHL. I'm not sure why he has been moving around, but its possibly due to injuries and/or covid...or his play.

Reactions: RememberTheName

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
KHL is the highest league there, then VHL, then MHL. I'm not sure why he has been moving around, but its possibly due to injuries and/or covid...or his play.
I knew the league order of the Russian Leagues. I was more confused if it was common for players like Rashevsky to seemingly play in one league one day and the other on the next day. Just stat watching, he seems to be continuing right where he left off last year, and with 5 points in 8 VHL games, I'd say his game is converting over seemingly well.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I knew the league order of the Russian Leagues. I was more confused if it was common for players like Rashevsky to seemingly play in one league one day and the other on the next day. Just stat watching, he seems to be continuing right where he left off last year, and with 5 points in 8 VHL games, I'd say his game is converting over seemingly well.

Yeah, it's pretty normal for players to get bounced around the 3 leagues.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Named VHL Rookie of the Month yesterday.

4 goals (!) in the 2nd period today, still 20 minutes left to play.

9 goals and 14 points in less than 17 VHL games.

Not too shabby.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Wasn't 2019 his first year as a October birthday? Afterwards, he would have 3 more years as an Euro, no?

It's not exactly that way, I mean not the exact number of eligibility years, when it comes to being too old for the draft or not it is about the birth year. This year European-based 1999-born players were eligible, yet 1998 borns already weren't. So Rashevskiy as a 2000-born still will be eligible next year, but not after that.

Reactions: Dempsey and Treb

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's not exactly that way, I mean not the exact number of eligibility years, when it comes to being too old for the draft or not it is about the birth year. This year European-based 1999-born players were eligible, yet 1998 borns already weren't. So Rashevskiy as a 2000-born still will be eligible next year, but not after that.

1998 had 2016,2017,2018,2019 if they were born before September 15th. Rashevskiy wasn't eligible in 2018 as an October birthday, so I don't get why he would not be eligible in 2022 as he will still be 21 bySeptember 15 2022.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad