F Daniil Gushchin (2020, 76th, SJS)

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
He actually had a hattrick: 1 PPG, 1 SHG and the ENG at the end. As said in our Blue Dispatch August release, Gushchin is a terrific scorer at the junior level, so him potting 3 was not a real surprise even if he is an underager. The question is how the rest of his game will fare when facing bigger competition.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He needs to grow taller. He is 15 though. Should be possible. He will get a lot more attention after this tournament.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Was about to create a thread about him. Watched few videos with him, has pretty great skating, passing and shooting. The hype is already there, at 15 dominating tournaments with 16 & 17 years old. Read the article recently from some North American journalist which predicts the next 4 drafts, Top 5 picks. Well Danil was on 4th spot while Lafreniere was on 1st. Probably would be 2nd, if he'd be North American.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Was about to create a thread about him. Watched few videos with him, has pretty great skating, passing and shooting. The hype is already there, at 15 dominating tournaments with 16 & 17 years old. Read the article recently from some North American journalist which predicts the next 4 drafts, Top 5 picks. Well Danil was on 4th spot while Lafreniere was on 1st. Probably would be 2nd, if he'd be North American.
Could you point me to that article you're talking about if you remember it?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Svech route? USHL to CHL?

I thought maybe Svech going to Muskegon was simply to be in Michigan close to his brother but do the Lumberjacks have some sort of Russian ties in ownership or coaching? I wonder is Andrei might have told others his time in Muskegon was good for getting adjusted to North America?

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Wasn´t he like best talent of that year? There was no good option to develop in the CSKA system? MHL, VHL, training sessions with KHL team? How many young players really getting chance on KHL teams? Isn´t it one of the reasons, why quite many players leaving for US and Canada leagues?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->