F Connor Kurth - Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL (2022, 192nd, TBL)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bump...pacing at over PPG as a 17 year-old USHL rookie (15 points in 14 games). Top scoring U18 player (non-USNTDP) in the league although the two guys right behind him (Ufko and Guevin) are defenders. Huge kid...214 pounds per EP but only 5'-11". Ranked #87 for 2021 per one service.

Anybody seen him in action? Wondering what his skating is like at that size or if he can just out-muscle guys right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bump...pacing at over PPG as a 17 year-old USHL rookie (15 points in 14 games). Top scoring U18 player (non-USNTDP) in the league although the two guys right behind him (Ufko and Guevin) are defenders. Huge kid...214 pounds per EP but only 5'-11". Ranked #87 for 2021 per one service.

Anybody seen him in action? Wondering what his skating is like at that size or if he can just out-muscle guys right now.

i seem to recall his skating was fine.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t like his skating. Choppy stride, he looks visibly slow. He’s a really hard worker on the forecheck. His forechecking is as good as you can be with his bad skating, so some of the skating concerns are taken away with his work-ethic. He has really good hands, so finishing good finishing in tight. He looks to shoot the puck, as well. Also is a strong player, but I’m sure that could be guessed, given his height/weight. He’s a complimentary winger, even at this level. He’s not dictating play.

He’s not as good as the point totals suggest. He plays on the worst team in the league. Someone has to score the points. He’s a late pick, if even that, as I view it.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
where do he go in the draft? Headed to Minnesota next year, putting up good numbers in the USHL.

I would think the combo of going to Motzko's Gophers and the production he's having would at least get him some late round love from teams that have a glut of picks. UM got Mittelstadt doing pullups a couple weeks after he arrived, they can probably melt any excess weight off of Kurth and help improve his quickness too.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad