F Cole Caufield - Univ. of Wisconsin, NCAA (2019, 15th, MTL) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I worry about the skating, I'll admit. I know it's cliche, but when you're that small if you don't have the skating and the grit you're going to have a tough time, no matter how much talent.

Another year at Wisconsin will do him good.
I agree and he needs to bulk up and get thicker kind of like a Francis Bouillon guy was short but built like a tank and I would like him to have some sort of mean streak not like fight but able to stick up for himself just so he doesn't get messed with.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Bergevin said he thinks Caufield needs another year in Wisconsin. He's not ready to play pro hockey.

How often do top players jump ship from one NCAA team to another? Wisconsin's coaching stinks and Turcotte and Miller might turn pro. It seems like a bad situation.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I worry about the skating, I'll admit. I know it's cliche, but when you're that small if you don't have the skating and the grit you're going to have a tough time, no matter how much talent.

Another year at Wisconsin will do him good.
His skating is fine. His first steps are better than his top speed. I'm not concerned about Caufield at all. Kid's a shooting machine. Best player on a weak Wisconsin team this year, much better than Turcotte. I expect caufield to be at least a 35-25 player in the NHL

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Unless there are extenuating circumstances, you must sit out a year if you want to switch NCAA teams.

WI has a good overall hockey program, with excellent facilities. It is not Dogpatch, USA.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Right, but Wisconsin is a flaming pile at the moment and Granato isn't challenging Caufield to improve anything he isn’t already good at, nor is Cole he making the effort himself.
Yea his point totals and highlight videos are impressive, but he avoids contact like the plague and is a turnover machine when he's challenged physically. Plus his defensive effort is atrocious.

Is another year of playing to strengths but completely ignoring weaknesses (on UW's big ice surface nonetheless) conducive to the development of a 5-7 player who wants to reach the NHL? I dunno.

I honestly really like these reports because they’re from someone who’s actually watching him play regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad