F Brett Berard - USNTDP Juniors, USHL (2020, 134rd, NYR)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s been a lot better this season. I’ve liked a few of the 18’s more this season than last season, namely Berard, Truscott and Grannan. Also Beniers, but he’s already a bigger name.

He’s a little smaller, but he competes well, has a high hockey IQ and skates well. He had some skill, as well, although he’s not a line driver. Mid round pick type of player, in my opinion. He also is lucky that he’s on the team in a bad age group. I don’t see him as any better than Sean Farrell, whose in the same draft, but Farrell was a 2001 birth year player, played on the same team as all the stars, and got a small role because of it.

Reactions: d rake and Sens72

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Does anyone know where he will play next season? He’s committed to Providence for the 21-22 season and he will age out of the USNTDP team after this season. Will he just move to a USHL team?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Does anyone know where he will play next season? He’s committed to Providence for the 21-22 season and he will age out of the USNTDP team after this season. Will he just move to a USHL team?
I don’t know if he’s currently a junior or senior because September birthdays can be all over the map. That said, if he is/was a junior be surprised if he didn’t accelerate a year and enter into PC in the fall.

Reactions: Dux917

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018

Good chance he'll be at Providence College next year.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I haven't seen him play but I'll go out on a limb and say that he'll be seriously under rated. He's putting up impressive numbers. Sometimes people try too hard to find reasons to discount production. I think that happened to Brink, who in my opinion should have been drafted much earlier.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Brett Berard was one of the top forwards on the US NTDP Under-18 team this season. He put up 16 goals and 18 assists for 34 points in 41 games. Berard and his US teammates won the U-18 Five Nations Tournament in January and were expected to be top contenders at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships before they were cancelled due to the global pandemic.

Last season Berard played for the NTDP Under-17 squad. He put up six goals and 20 points in 51 games played. Berard also put up two assists in five tournament games at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He is committed to playing hockey for the Providence College Friars next season. Should he change his mind, his CHL rights are still up for grabs as he has not been drafted. That likely indicates that teams believe his Providence commitment is pretty firm.

Berard is the son of longtime NCAA head coach David Berard, the longtime Providence coach who is now at Holy Cross. He was also a goalie at Providence. His brother, Brady Berard will play for the US NTDP U-17 team next year and is also committed to go to Providence.

Our Full Scouting Report is here
Brett Berard Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #72

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Bernard was bad but he wasn’t the whole providence team looked horrendous. He’s got decent skating from what I saw, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad