Confirmed with Link: F Brendan Leipsic to VAN for D Philip Holm

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Leipsic has a great debut for us, but is he that kind of players that scored in a few games then disappeared for a long stretch?
He really really really sucks at everything... if I were you I would trade him back to us.

He is probably the most snakebitten player you will ever find. He spent about 2 and half months creating chance after chance and not scoring on any of them... If he ever figures out how to bury his shots you have a damn fine player on your hands.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Wasn't too much of a surprise for me.

You should never trade hard working guys that well liked in the team, those are the glue that keeps the boat together. I'd rather see a good guy have a good game than an egoistic superstar score a hat trick for my team. Very happy that Brendan still got rewarded in the "end". VGK will rise, but losing him was a real hit.

Reactions: hangman005

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Wasn't too much of a surprise for me.

You should never trade hard working guys that well liked in the team, those are the glue that keeps the boat together. I'd rather see a good guy have a good game than an egoistic superstar score a hat trick for my team. Very happy that Brendan still got rewarded in the "end". VGK will rise, but losing him was a real hit.

How do you figure? He would have been scratched often and likely doesn't put up numbers. I'm fine with the deal, they really don't need him as he was replaceable. He was a good definition of a "replacement" level player when he suited up for us. That he got first line time with the Canucks is more a damning statement about them and how horrible they have become in their rebuild. When we got Carpenter we knew at best he'd be a 3rd line center, but most likely a 4th line type guy. Nice scoring streak aside, he's still that. Our roster isn't so bad we could pick up someone off waivers or in a nearly irrelevant trade and have them move up to first or second anything.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm more open to the idea that someone can improve their performance with increased ice time and responsibility than I was prior to the Knights taking the ice this season. He could be a great 1st liner for the rest of his career, but we wouldn't have known that here in Las Vegas for a while if he stuck around.

It's a fine move, hopefully Holm pans out once we see him up here.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad