Confirmed with Link: F Brendan Leipsic to VAN for D Philip Holm

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He was moved out to make room for either Bobby Ryan or Tomas Tatar. Trade talks for Karlsson went down to the wire, and when it didn't happen, GMGM pulled the trigger on Tatar. :pcheer:

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Tatar is a huge upgrade on Leipsic, in fact so was Reaves. Leipsic was the weakest link on this team, Vancouver will hate him.

Reactions: Chiripa20

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Tatar is a huge upgrade on Leipsic, in fact so was Reaves. Leipsic was the weakest link on this team, Vancouver will hate him.

That’s a little hyperbolic ain’t it?

If Leipsic is bad for the Canucks, it just might make their picks a little better. If he’s good, they have a decent, young depth scoring forward.

They are a rebuilding team. As a rebuilding team, you should absolutely pick up some reclamation projects to fill your roster while the prospects are developing.

Especially for a guy that was a free signing for them, and had no future with the organization.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
That’s a little hyperbolic ain’t it?

If Leipsic is bad for the Canucks, it just might make their picks a little better. If he’s good, they have a decent, young depth scoring forward.

They are a rebuilding team. As a rebuilding team, you should absolutely pick up some reclamation projects to fill your roster while the prospects are developing.

Especially for a guy that was a free signing for them, and had no future with the organization.

Leipsic has what 2 goals while on the highest scoring team in the league, and you think he'll add scoring to the Canucks - I doubt it. And, The entire Canuck team, minus a couple players are reclamation projects. Vegas got the better of this deal, just wait and see.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Today is a day of infamy that will live in the heart of me’s forever and ever and ever.

Leipsics biggest problem was lack of finish... he created infinitely more than both Eakin and Lindberg but couldn’t find the back of the net. If he works out how to finish Vancouver gets a real gem.

But I know the real reason for this trade... GMGM is really really really petty. I didn’t like his Reaves trade, so he traded my favorite player to get back at me. Yes I am making this all about me lol

Chiripa20

May 29, 2017
Henderson, Nevada
Good swap of potential. Brendan was fun to watch the first half of the season. The rest of the season, I tried not to watch him. Definitely the weakest link now and much more so, when we are in the playoffs. Holm has some upside, if he gets his end of the rink managed better.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

Tatar is an awesome player ye, but you don't touch a winning team, you just don't.

Especially when we talk about humble two-way guys like Leipsic and Lindberg which the rest of the team likes.

Chiripa20

May 29, 2017
Henderson, Nevada
Tatar is an awesome player ye, but you don't touch a winning team, you just don't.

Especially when we talk about humble two-way guys like Leipsic and Lindberg which the rest of the team likes.
I respect your opinion, but the actions taken the last couple days speak loudly what the top teams management thinks. It’s easy to find where it does not work, because only one team will win the cup.
I see this trade as a very good hockey trade long term. Just happens to be a brilliant short term move the players will appreciate big time.
Brendan was the little engine who couldn’t. I like him and hope he gets much stronger this summer.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Tatar is a two-way, too, and so is Hyka.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I just think we needed a guy like Leipsic. We need a 3rd or 4th line player. Tatar absolutely does not fit into 3rd/4th line role and there is only one role Reaves is good at.

Good luck to Brendan tho. Really loved his speed and the spirit he brought to the team. When you have speed there has to be extra eyes on you.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Leipsic has a great debut for us, but is he that kind of players that scored in a few games then disappeared for a long stretch?

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
I posted this in the other thread, didn't see this one; Wow, Leipsic had a great game for the Canucks, 2 assists and probably 5 or 6 shots on goal. Was on the ice for the OT goal against, but looked pretty good on their top line.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I posted this in the other thread, didn't see this one; Wow, Leipsic had a great game for the Canucks, 2 assists and probably 5 or 6 shots on goal. Was on the ice for the OT goal against, but looked pretty good on their top line.
7 sog. +2. It's nice to be lined with Boeser.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad