San Diego

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Why would he go to OHL ?
He'd be 1000% better off staying at BU
If he doesn;t want to stay at BU then go play in AHL

Some teams dont rush prized prospects to the pro's.
Plus the guy who recruited him isnt there.
I can speak from experience that in a lot of NCAA sports players look to transfer if the guy who recruited them is let go, or in BU's case promoted.

So taking that into account the CHL or London who holds his rights, it is probably the only other possibility.
Advisors for hockey players all have different opinions, and seeing his brother there means they have a standing relationship with London

I mean hell maybe Dale Hunter could even convince Adam Boqvist to play for London who also holds his rights.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
NCAA insiders are saying Tkachuk to the london Knights is picking up steam and is very much a possibility.
I would think this could play out like Roslovic. If he is potentially London bound, he'll go to NHL Camp, and they'll assess from there. My guess is that the team will decide he's at a minimum physically ready for the AHL grind.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I would think this could play out like Roslovic. If he is potentially London bound, he'll go to NHL Camp, and they'll assess from there. My guess is that the team will decide he's at a minimum physically ready for the AHL grind.

I honestly hope he goes to the AHL because I want to see a trend of players avoiding the CHL to play in leagues that allow them to play in the AHL at 18

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Against 16 yr olds ?
He's a late birthday that will be 19 .... He'll be fine in AHL

..... the average player in the OHL is not 16 years old, like cmon, I am not trying to turn this into which leauge is better bull crap,the fact that the OHL does provide almost double the amount of games, means more game time development.

ahl is fine too, i'm just saying if the chooses the CHL over college it's probably for more games.

Reactions: Acadien86

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
I too think he and others will be much better off continuing in the NCAA program. The OHL is for younger players. A 19 year old would be a man among boys in todays OHL.

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
I too think he and others will be much better off continuing in the NCAA program. The OHL is for younger players. A 19 year old would be a man among boys in todays OHL.
i looked up the Ottawa 67s and noted that the average age on the team is 17.26 years. A 19 year old would be better off playing against 22 year olds in the NCAA program to prepare for the NHL.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like him. To me he's a better Matthews Tkachuk. So that tells you all you need to know. Probably won't get as much love as Zadina or Svechnikov by the style he plays. But make no mistake, this is a damn good hockey player.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Enjoy him Ottawa. I know he's going to manage to piss this Leafs fan off a lot over the next decade.

I really wonder about his potential though, will it be a Chris Neil or Alfy level of hatered. He's a tough agitator like Neil, but has skill like Alfredsson (not to that level, but he's not a plug like Neal).

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I hope he stays at BU it's tje right spot for him

You see that's what makes this pick even more baffling. Tkachuk was nether the BPA nor most ready forward yet they picked him. Character? Being arrogant and not being able to show for it is considered good character? If that's the case, society is in trouble.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You see that's what makes this pick even more baffling. Tkachuk was nether the BPA nor most ready forward yet they picked him. Character? Being arrogant and not being able to show for it is considered good character? If that's the case, society is in trouble.

According to you? that is your opinion. According to Mckenzie's 10 scout list and HockeyProspect.com he was BPA at 3. Who should I believe I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->