F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Brady just said on the pre game NHL Live with Rupp and Weeks today that his goal IS to turn pro this year. He wants to work on getting quicker and stronger, but it will be up to the team who drafts him on whether or not he sticks in the NHL straight from the draft...so much for him 100% staying in college lol...

Technically he can play in the AHL

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
sure, but a top 5 pick like him is either NHL or go back to college with his buddies, I do not see the AHL for him next year...just my opinion of course..
If he signs with the plan of going to the NHL but doesn't make the cut, college is out of the question. It's London or the AHL, obvious choice.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
sure, but a top 5 pick like him is either NHL or go back to college with his buddies, I do not see the AHL for him next year...just my opinion of course..
He has to sign to go to camp, and if they don't think he's NHL ready they will send him to the AHL, as I doubt they want him in London, and he can't go back to BU.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If he signs with the plan of going to the NHL but doesn't make the cut, college is out of the question. It's London or the AHL, obvious choice.
understood, which is why I think he either signs to play in the NHL or stays in college. There will be no AHL for him next year, he either turns pro which he pretty much said he will do if the team wants him to, or he stays in college...his words. he isn't going to turn pro as a top 5 pick and ride buses in the AHL.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
understood, which is why I think he either signs to play in the NHL or stays in college. There will be no AHL for him next year, he either turns pro which he pretty much said he will do if the team wants him to, or he stays in college...his words. he isn't going to turn pro as a top 5 pick and ride buses in the AHL.
I could see him getting a few games in the NHL and getting demoted. Let's say the big club says he has a 50/50 chance depending on his training camp- would he sign, or turn down the opportunity?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I could see him getting a few games in the NHL and getting demoted. Let's say the big club says he has a 50/50 chance depending on his training camp- would he sign, or turn down the opportunity?
thats going to be the dilemma for him, I am sure whatever team drafts him is going to tell him they either want him to stay one more year or turn pro and stick at least the first few months in the NHL to see what he can do. it will be up to the kid to decide, but his words seems to lean on the "I want to turn pro" lingo..

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I would argue for his development the AHL would be a better option the CHL or NCAA. Beyond that he makes a nice chunk of change playing pro even in the AHL and their is always the chance he gets called up for a few games during the season

Just because having an 18 year old play in the AHL is not a normal route doesn't mean it's not a good option. Maybe Tkachuk can start a trend of players avoiding the CHL and going directly to the AHL after being drafted

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Isn't the main draw of Tkachuk that he has an NHL ready game/safe pick? If he wants to return to BU that kind of defeats the purpose of drafting him so high.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Isn't the main draw of Tkachuk that he has an NHL ready game/safe pick? If he wants to return to BU that kind of defeats the purpose of drafting him so high.
I would agree somewhat to this- my post was to just let people know what he said-

It was reported earlier/few weeks back that he was returning for his sophomore season of college, and now today he said his goal is to make it to the NHL this coming season and that whatever team drafts him has to make that decision for him to turn pro...just a much different statement made today than prior is all I am saying.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
He has to sign to go to camp, and if they don't think he's NHL ready they will send him to the AHL, as I doubt they want him in London, and he can't go back to BU.

Yes, London would not make much sense. Sending him to the AHL would allow a team to recall him later in the season. If he went to the OHL, he could not be recalled until London's season was over.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I agree 100%. I was really puzzled by that choice. Ottawa fans would go insane if they were able to get him 4th.

I get(although disagree with) the logic behind Carolina drafting Zadina, but at that point why the hell wouldn't Montreal jump all over Svechnikov. Absolutely 0 logic Tkachuk being picked over him

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I get(although disagree with) the logic behind Carolina drafting Zadina, but at that point why the hell wouldn't Montreal jump all over Svechnikov. Absolutely 0 logic Tkachuk being picked over him
Who knows, he really doesn’t point out his reasoning for why he has him dropping. Maybe just a shock factor to make him stand out, like if I for example said Jett Woo is the 2nd best d-man in the draft because of his name alone.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I guess he will be in montreal this weekend for their private combine too.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Neither do I, but that NHL.com “expert” has him dropping to you guys for some reason.
Its the same as an earlier mock they published. I don't get why he'd drop. IMO he is in a tier above the rest of the pack and closer to Dahlin than he is to the rest. Tkachuk vs Zadina vs a D (Dobson/Bouchard) will be interesting though

Reactions: Matias Maccete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad