F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
After Dahlin, Svech.. he's the guy right now i would love to have if we picked around 4 or 5.

Tkachuk, Rasmussen, Bertuzzi, E. Svech, Mantha, AA, Larkin, Givani Smith... Ok i can live with that now.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Noo. Brady has the generational punchable face.

283.jpg

God I hope he gets drafted by the Jets or someone in the east

Would be even more epic if he was drafted by the Oilers.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Close. Matthew's IQ and vision might be of a high-enough level to put him a tier above. Really have to see how Brady does at BU.

There will be plenty of opportunities to see him since BU streams free of charge most of its home games. Was impressed during the World U18s with Brady's vision and remarkable ability to win nearly every 50-50 puck battle.

FWIW, Matthew says his brother is bigger and alot stronger.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/brady-tkachuk-growing-out-of-family-shadow

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There will be plenty of opportunities to see him since BU streams free of charge most of its home games. Was impressed during the World U18s with Brady's vision and remarkable ability to win nearly every 50-50 puck battle.

FWIW, Matthew says his brother is bigger and alot stronger.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/brady-tkachuk-growing-out-of-family-shadow
Yeah, Brady is built more like Keith than Matthew is. He has the frame to fill in to a big net front power forward. Not that is his only option, he has more versatility to limit his game like that. But, he could be a great body in front of the goalie on the PP like his Dad was.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think he goes to Detroit.
If Detroit drafts a guy likely to be a winger that isn't Svechnikov if they don't make the playoffs in a D deep draft, the response by the fans here will be interesting. Not that I think it would be a terrible move.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If Detroit drafts a guy likely to be a winger that isn't Svechnikov if they don't make the playoffs in a D deep draft, the response by the fans here will be interesting. Not that I think it would be a terrible move.

Unless the wings are picking 1st or 2nd Tkachuk might be the best pick on the board. Hard to say come draft time. I have ahrd time believing they would take a winger over a center or dman but it depends. I would rather the wings draft a top line winger that plays tough than a number 3 dman. Too much changes to really speculate at this point though, detroit might not even draft high enough to get this guy. Hes definlitey one of the more intriguiing players in the draft to me though

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've read that he's even "meaner" than his dad and brother. I've read that he could be "the best" of the Tkachuks. I haven't actually seen a case made for these claims, though.

So what's the story on this kid? Who's seen him play a bunch and is willing to help paint a picture for us?

Did he play primarily C or W at the USNTDP? Is he playing C or W at BU?

Didn't he miss the cut-off for last draft by a single day? Are his stats a little underwhelming given his age and projected draft position?

He's in the top five in every draft list I've seen, yet he really didn't outpace the other top USNTDP players last year:

Joshua Norris: May'99 - 61gp 61pts - Late 1st '17
Grant Mismash: Feb'99 - 65pg 61pts - 2nd Rounder '17
Evan Barratt : Feb'99 - 63gp 56pts - 3rd Rounder '17
Brady Tkachuk: Sep'99 - 61gp 54pts - Projected top 3-5 pick '18
Quinn Hughes : Oct'99 - 65gp 53pts - Projected top 5-10 pick '18 **DEFENSEMAN**
Scott Reedy : Apr '99 - 60gp 42pts - 4th Rounder '17

Obviously stats aren't everything and his weren't bad or anything but he's not really head and shoulders above his peers on that team, even if they're 4-7 months older. Might be worth noting, anyway.

I saw an interview with Brady where he says he plays exactly like his brother and his dad but he's a better skater than them. How true is that? Is he really a better skating version of Matt Tkachuk?

My Coyotes are looking to be head for yet another VERY rough season, and I'm trying to get some early 2018 Entry Draft chatter started. Especially on a local legacy like a Tkachuk boy.

What can Team USA and BU Terriers fans share with us?

Thanks!

Reactions: Szechwan

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Watched a couple of full games I found. He's playing wing. He might be a better skater than Matthew but I don't think he's a plus skater. He's playing a very old school power forward game. Has swagger and piss and vinegar. I think his front net skill is quite developed. Much like Matthew's and clearly modeled after Keith's, who was one of the two or three greatest net front guys in the history of the NHL. He's shockingly strong for a D1 freshman in his draft year.

BU is a great program and they seem to have a very good team assembled. He's in a great position. I suspect he's going to be a wing moving forward. I still like him better than a guy like Veleno who will probably be a center moving forward.

Brady looks to have a pretty good chance to be as good as Matt. The older brother has been soneffective so far that I'm sure he'd go 2nd-3rd overall in this draft. Brady should be a very high pick.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I want the Flames to be really bad even though i like them. I want both Tkachuks on a line together tormenting the west.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York

Rumors that there's a chance he jumps to London. I hope he doesn't, he chose BU and even though he's not racking up the points, I'd hope he sticks with it, and not just drop points over easier competition.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
London getting another star player?, god damn

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Rumors that there's a chance he jumps to London. I hope he doesn't, he chose BU and even though he's not racking up the points, I'd hope he sticks with it, and not just drop points over easier competition.

Not racking up the points? He has 8 points in 12 games in the NCAA...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd be surprised by this, he comes from a college hockey family and to do it mid-year is a big blow.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
it is a deep team but a lot of players not producing as hoped. I honestly think at this point it might be his best bet to leave the program and this comes from a typically pro NCAA guy. Something is going on there that just doesn't look right. Jeremy Bracco and Robbie Czarnick did something similar at BC/Michigan, so this wouldn't be unheard of. Might not look like the best character move, but at the end of the day he has to do what is best for himself and his draft position, and if London is looking like a better fit, none of us can judge the young man to be honest.

Reactions: Steven

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sure, but he hasn't gotten his first goal yet, I'm just trying to hypothesize why he might want to leave.

Mathew didn't go to College, he went the London OHL route
I know that. I watched him in London. I'd be surprised to see him bail mid-year though, if he wanted to go OHL he would have gone in the summer. His dad and cousins (the Fitzpatricks) are college hockey guys.

I heard they bumped him up to the first line, that will probably kill the chance of him leaving if they keep him there.

BigGreenAlum

May 4, 2007
I know that. I watched him in London. I'd be surprised to see him bail mid-year though, if he wanted to go OHL he would have gone in the summer. His dad and cousins (the Fitzpatricks) are college hockey guys.

I heard they bumped him up to the first line, that will probably kill the chance of him leaving if they keep him there.

It's the Fitzgeralds that are his cousins. Tom Fitz played at Providence and two of his boys played at BC - Ryan is with the P Bruins now after graduating, Casey a junior still at BC. Keith himself went to BU for year before going to the Olympics and turning pro so Brady is a legacy at his dad's alma mater.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
He'd better get it going. I watched a couple games, small sample size I know, but did not look top 10 material. Lots of hockey left, leaving for OHL would seem to call his character into question. Made your decision, work to get over the adversity, gut it out. Teams want to see that.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
so having just turned 18 and getting on score sheet 8 of 13 games agansit men 22/23 yrs old is not good enough ?
lol

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
so having just turned 18 and getting on score sheet 8 of 13 games agansit men 22/23 yrs old is not good enough ?
lol
Well, he'll get measured against other high-profile freshmen who were in Hockey-East such as Eichel and Keller, to a lesser extent Colin White, and Patrick Harper. While the strength of each conference will vary, he'll also be measured against high-profile Big-10 and NCHC kids such as Boeser, Jaden Schwartz, Kessel, Parise, Oshie, Toews, and Larkin. I avoided mention people who were not 18-year-old freshmen like Kyle Connor or Borgman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->