F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethlan

Apr 3, 2017
RDP
Between him and Matthew how would you guys rank him?

Shooting?
Passing?
Hands?
Hockey sense?
Skating?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/brady-tkachuk-growing-out-of-family-shadow

Matthew thinks Brady is a bigger stronger version of him. I'm thinking MT has a higher IQ, but BT will have better raw tools than MT. I haven't done a lot of research on Brady, but I could see Brady being drafted high due to name. However, I'm guessing there's more risk you're getting closer to an Alex Nylander than William situation. A guy perhaps regularly drafted in the late 1st or early 2nd, but goes earlier due to family name.

But BT could easily prove us all wrong this year. We shall see what happens with him.

EDIT: Though, now that I think about it, I think his dad and bro will ensure that he's 90%+ NHL ready in his draft season. So it might merit being drafted higher. He possibly could play in the NHL as an 18/19 year old like his brother.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I want the Rangers to draft this kid so bad

There are rumors the team was pushing hard to trade for a high pick to grab Matthew in 2016

Hopefully he falls to them or the team can trade for a high pick to take him

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I already have put dibs on him for Philly:laugh: With two number one picks next year and this kid in the top 15 of a rich class why not.:sarcasm:

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Limited viewings of both but i'll go out on a limb and say this kid ends up better than Svechnikov. Ridiculously good all around player.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Limited viewings of both but i'll go out on a limb and say this kid ends up better than Svechnikov. Ridiculously good all around player.

That's a tall order. Svechnikov is a better skater by quite a bit. His offensive instincts are on a whole other level. If he could play in this tourny things would be looking much different for Russia even though they aren't doing to bad.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Between him and Matthew how would you guys rank him?

Shooting?
Passing?
Hands?
Hockey sense?
Skating?
Shooting: Probably Brady
Passing: Matt
Hands: draw
Hockey sense: Matt
Skating: Brady

That's trying to compare them at the same age. Until the NHL, Matt always had linemates who were arguably the best players in their respective leagues or tournaments (Matthews at USNTDP and Marner/Dvorak in London) that made him an absolute monster. Brady has never really had linemates at that level (and might never), therefore he has been asked to be much more of a driver of his teams offense.

As for Svechnikov vs Brady? I mean, crazier things have happened than Brady Tkachuk ending up the better player, but I believe it is unlikely. Andrei Svechnikov is a rare offensive talent where everything in his offensive toolbox grades out as very good to elite which is quite rare. Only guys who really have done that recently are Eichel and Matthews. Not that those two are the best, it's just that they had incredibly well rounded offensive games where nothing could be labeled average. McDavid it was his shot, but his unreal skating ability and ability to control the puck and think the game as fast as he played it has made him the best prospect since Sid. For Tavares, it was his skating, Laine was knocked for acceleration and overall skating, Marner/Kane people questioned size and strength on the puck, etc. Brady is a really good prospect, but he isn't a great skater and has a less diverse game. I'm not sure Brady Tkachuk is a guy you build your franchise around, but he's absolutely a guy who can be key to winning with and be a core piece. Svechnikov has all the tools to be a top 5 offensive player in the game and the best Russian drafted since 2004.

In all honesty, I'd think Brady is battling more with Zadina and Farabee for 2nd winger off the board, more than with Svechnikov. Either way, if you want a high-end winger or are in need of a defender this is the draft for you.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
brady vs patrick/hirschier ? irrelative of draft yr
'99 vs '99

nhl should just switch to "yr of birth"

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
brady vs patrick/hirschier ? irrelative of draft yr
'99 vs '99

nhl should just switch to "yr of birth"

It's wouldn't change much....you'd have the "what if this kid with a January birthdate was in X draft" instead of the "what if this kid with a late September birthdate was in X draft" talk.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
It's wouldn't change much....you'd have the "what if this kid with a January birthdate was in X draft" instead of the "what if this kid with a late September birthdate was in X draft" talk.

well to a certain degree
a players path up to the draft is based on his birthdate (u19/u18/u17 etc)
come the draft it changes, whats are you accomplishing ?

for example mathews does not go number 1. He is still really good but not the same

for me its more of a natural compare based on birth year

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
well to a certain degree
a players path up to the draft is based on his birthdate (u19/u18/u17 etc)
come the draft it changes, whats are you accomplishing ?

for example mathews does not go number 1. He is still really good but not the same

for me its more of a natural compare based on birth year

Maybe somebody with a law degree can expand on it, but I always understood the September 15th cutoff due to that being the start of the league year. So anybody drafted would be at least 18 at that point.

Don't know if there are liability reasons for not allowing a 17 year old (aka non-adult) into the league.

Jethlan

Apr 3, 2017
RDP
Shooting: Probably Brady
Passing: Matt
Hands: draw
Hockey sense: Matt
Skating: Brady

That's trying to compare them at the same age. Until the NHL, Matt always had linemates who were arguably the best players in their respective leagues or tournaments (Matthews at USNTDP and Marner/Dvorak in London) that made him an absolute monster. Brady has never really had linemates at that level (and might never), therefore he has been asked to be much more of a driver of his teams offense.

As for Svechnikov vs Brady? I mean, crazier things have happened than Brady Tkachuk ending up the better player, but I believe it is unlikely. Andrei Svechnikov is a rare offensive talent where everything in his offensive toolbox grades out as very good to elite which is quite rare. Only guys who really have done that recently are Eichel and Matthews. Not that those two are the best, it's just that they had incredibly well rounded offensive games where nothing could be labeled average. McDavid it was his shot, but his unreal skating ability and ability to control the puck and think the game as fast as he played it has made him the best prospect since Sid. For Tavares, it was his skating, Laine was knocked for acceleration and overall skating, Marner/Kane people questioned size and strength on the puck, etc. Brady is a really good prospect, but he isn't a great skater and has a less diverse game. I'm not sure Brady Tkachuk is a guy you build your franchise around, but he's absolutely a guy who can be key to winning with and be a core piece. Svechnikov has all the tools to be a top 5 offensive player in the game and the best Russian drafted since 2004.

In all honesty, I'd think Brady is battling more with Zadina and Farabee for 2nd winger off the board, more than with Svechnikov. Either way, if you want a high-end winger or are in need of a defender this is the draft for you.

i see so basically they are both in the same tier?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
One of my favorite prospects and I'm hoping he falls to the Rangers (him and Kreider on the same line would rake in so much hate lol) but is there any chance he'll be a C in the NHL or is he a winger now. Also recently found out he's cousins with the Hayes bros

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
He doesn't look like a top 5 pick from what I've seen but if he has a strong year he could go high. Definitely not as talented as Matthew.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Who Matthews? He has that Guy Lafleur forehead. He has enough skin there to start a new face

Noo. Brady has the generational punchable face.

283.jpg

God I hope he gets drafted by the Jets or someone in the east

Reactions: TychoFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad