F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Meh ,him going back to junior,and pushing around kids... Just doesnt make sense....Letting him play with his buddy Logan Brown against men in the AHL...Is a far far more likely scenario

Sorry, I don't see Tkachuk passing up chartered flights, 4/5 star hotels, meal plans, 2 games a week, College smokeshows, a legit national title quality team and the City of Boston for the AHL in Belleville, Ontario, 3 games in 4 nights, 6 hour bus rides, and stays at a Hampton Inn and Suites. I think he's in the NHL all season long. Some sort of agreement would be in place.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sorry, I don't see Tkachuk passing up chartered flights, 4/5 star hotels, meal plans, 2 games a week, College smokeshows, a legit national title quality team and the City of Boston for the AHL in Belleville, Ontario, 3 games in 4 nights, 6 hour bus rides, and stays at a Hampton Inn and Suites. I think he's in the NHL all season long. Some sort of agreement would be in place.
Hey he could make the show,but then again he could not...The point is that Ottawa does have alot of his buddies in our system,and some will be in the AHL...I could also see him suiting up for team USA at the WJC ,but playing in London just seems like a step back for a very good NCAA player

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Teams dont have chartered flights in hockey in the NCAA
For a championship game they will

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Elite programs and schools absolutely do charter all their flights. No Dak, Minn, Wisc, B.C., B.U. Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State and others I know for a fact do... I'm sure the smaller schools don't but the big schools all charter now!

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Teams dont have chartered flights in hockey in the NCAA
For a championship game they will

Elite programs and schools absolutely do charter all their flights. No Dak, Minn, Wisc, B.C., B.U. Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State and others I know for a fact do... I'm sure the smaller schools don't but the big schools all charter now!

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Hey he could make the show,but then again he could not...The point is that Ottawa does have alot of his buddies in our system,and some will be in the AHL...I could also see him suiting up for team USA at the WJC ,but playing in London just seems like a step back for a very good NCAA player

Agree, for someone as physically developed as him, I don't know what he would gain playing against 16/17 year olds anymore!

Reactions: topshelf15

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Looking forward to Brady scoring half as many points for London as his brother did despite being one and a half years older.

I dont see him scoring half as many but then again he wont be sharing the ice with Mitch Marner and Christian Dvorak.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

NCAA teams don't have charters........do they?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

I played division 1 at DU, and I know for a fact they don't charter all their flights, and I know those programs dont charter all their flights either especially hockey east schools.
North Dakota along with every other team in the NCHC buses & uses commercial, and for championship or some out of conference games they'll charter.

Hockey isnt a "headcount" sport in the NCAA.

Last edited:

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
I played division 1 at DU, and I know for a fact they don't charter all their flights, and I know those programs dont charter all their flights either especially hockey east schools.
North Dakota along with every other team in the NCHC buses & uses commercial, and for championship or some out of conference games they'll charter.

Hockey isnt a "headcount" sport in the NCAA.

Never said all programs charter "All" their flights.. Obviously the smaller schools don't have that in the budget but cross country series many times are chartered by the bigger programs. Not a ton of travel in hockey east most weekends either. Most the BigTen schools if not all charter most of their away series except of obvious. They have the big athletic budgets for it. Even the Minnesota and Wisconsin women's teams do charters to certain places. I Can't speak to DU's travel budget! I know north Dakota use to charter to play at places like Wisconsin because there is no commercial flights to/from.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
this is like a Tkachuk deja vu.... I remember with Matthew, fans were displaying their displeasure and saying he was taken too high and expressed concerned about his NHL potential and all that.... Brady has been getting that too and now people seemed to be pumped after this past game. Even rival fans have been saying how dominant he was

Don't bet against Tkachuks!!!

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
this is like a Tkachuk deja vu.... I remember with Matthew, fans were displaying their displeasure and saying he was taken too high and expressed concerned about his NHL potential and all that.... Brady has been getting that too and now people seemed to be pumped after this past game. Even rival fans have been saying how dominant he was

Don't bet against Tkachuks!!!

Yeah and this was quite obvious too.

However, I guess the concern is still present. Everyone knew he was a safe bet to be a good NHL player. He is very NHL ready physically, so it is not a surprise that he would dominate against 18 year olds and camp invites with no NHL potential. He just might not have quite as high of a ceiling as some of the other players picked around him. He is the "safe pick". That is generally not exciting for the fans. However, that can often turn out to be the best pick.

For sure in that one game, he showed skill, strenght and willingness to drive the net which is a great combo and very valuable for teams if it translates in his NHL play (and I think it will).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad