F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

If I am Ottawa, I do this with the intention of playing him in the OHL or AHL.

Really interesting news.

That London team could be interesting to follow, with potentially 4 (!!!) 2018 first round pick on it:

Boqvist, Foudy, Bouchard and Tkatchuk

Has it ever happened (4 first round picks in the same year on the same CHL team)?

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He’s an absolute beast. Can’t believe how many doubters he has.

If Ottawa is smart and sells their big three for futures then I don’t think they will have much trouble rebuilding.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Why?

Brady gets NHL money and starts burning off those years until he gets to UFA as quick as possible.

Toxic environment in Ottawa if he ends up there...not good for development. Will he get top minutes in Binghamton? Maybe. If he doesn't...i don't think that's good for his development. I've also never been a fan of jumping from college to CHL...especially at 19. Going from men to boys in a lot of ways IMO.
He'd have been a leader and a minute muncher for BU plus a top forward for the US.
Sure he gets money but will it be worth it for his career?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Think he plays with his buddy Logan Brown in Belleville,these two should form a pretty big first line down there

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Think he plays with his buddy Logan Brown in Belleville,these two should form a pretty big first line down there

I don't know about that. Belleville is pretty damn full right now:

Balisey - Chlapik - Batherson
Perron - Brown - Rodewald
Tambellini - O'Brien - Gagne
Luchuk - Sexton - Leier
Sturtz, Scarfo

And that's assuming all 3 of Carey, McCormick and Paul are up with the Sens.

Frankly I think he'd get more offensive opportunity if he played in Ottawa, but going to London would be the best option for him to develop his offensive game.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Canucks fan with no strong opinion on this but think it’d be better for Brady to spend a year in London getting prime offensive minutes and furthering his offensive game. If he winds up in Ottawa chances are he’ll be more worried about not making defensive mistakes while getting fewer offensive minutes where his skills can be further honed and improved. Being a bigger, physical kid the danger is he gets pigeonholed early as a banger/energy guy and never reaches his offensive potential.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Is the CHL really that better of a trampoline for 1st rounders to the NHL than playing a couple of years in NCAA ?

how many first round picks have played beyond their Draft season in NCAA ?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is the CHL really that better of a trampoline for 1st rounders to the NHL than playing a couple of years in NCAA ?

how many first round picks have played beyond their Draft season in NCAA ?

Not really. In Tkachuk's case he has a chance to sign, and go to training camp, get some games to start the season for everyone including himself to gauge where he is at. If he can't crack the Sens lineup, he can go to the AHL or the CHL at that point it would be a determination on what would be best for his development.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Not really. In Tkachuk's case he has a chance to sign, and go to training camp, get some games to start the season for everyone including himself to gauge where he is at. If he can't crack the Sens lineup, he can go to the AHL or the CHL at that point it would be a determination on what would be best for his development.

agreed
this is where it becomes ridiculous
a teams prospect that played in chl does not get the same opportunity to play in ahl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->