F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
If he was a couple days older he would’ve gone maybe in the back half of last year’s first round. But he was far, far, far better than I had thought he would be in the WJC so who knows. Absurd that he’s being ranked ahead of Zadina and Svechnikov in certain mocks, though.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I have him as a top 5 prospect for the draft, he’s not going to drive a line or be the best player in the league and doesn’t possess superstar potential. I do however think he can play on any line and be effective, he’s a talented kid, That I’d want on my team. There’s no reason he can’t be a 60 point LW in the right situation, which is always worth a top 5 pick.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Who's your top 10?
This is my current ranking. Definitely subject to change.

1. Andrei Svechnikov
2. Rasmus Dahlin
3. Filip Zadina
4. Quinn Hughes
5. Adam Boqvist
6. Oliver Wahlstrom
7. Vitali Kravtsov
8. Ty Smith
9. Brady Tkachuk
10. Noah Dobson

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is my current ranking. Definitely subject to change.

1. Andrei Svechnikov
2. Rasmus Dahlin
3. Filip Zadina
4. Quinn Hughes
5. Adam Boqvist
6. Oliver Wahlstrom
7. Vitali Kravtsov
8. Ty Smith
9. Brady Tkachuk
10. Noah Dobson

not going to comment on your #1, that will lead enough outrage your way from others..lol

but we need to talk, Evan Bouchard, I think you are missing the boat with him big time. I have him right behind Dahlin for top D, and the gap between him and my #3 Hughes is pretty wide...curious where you have him ranked at?

Reactions: Vachon23

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
not going to comment on your #1, that will lead enough outrage your way from others..lol

but we need to talk, Evan Bouchard, I think you are missing the boat with him big time. I have him right behind Dahlin for top D, and the gap between him and my #3 Hughes is pretty wide...curious where you have him ranked at?
I should clarify that Dahlin and Svech are pretty interchangeable for me. Bouchard is at #11 for me. Doubt he goes any higher than #9 on my ranking.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I should clarify that Dahlin and Svech are pretty interchangeable for me. Bouchard is at #11 for me. Doubt he goes any higher than #9 on my ranking.

yeah. that isn't going to help much lol...

as for Bouchard, I think he is going to be the 2nd dman off the board, and gone by #6. Cant wait to see how this all unfolds.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
yeah. that isn't going to help much lol...

as for Bouchard, I think he is going to be the 2nd dman off the board, and gone by #6. Cant wait to see how this all unfolds.
I agree with you that Bouchard will not drop as low as I have him. This is a ranking and not a mock draft.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Svech over Dahlin lol.
I honestly don't see what's so funny. This is a ranking not a mock draft. Obviously Dahlin is gonna be taken 1st overall, but he's gonna take some time before he starts producing at an elite level. That's the way it is with D. Svechnikov will start putting up monster numbers very early in his career. I'm not saying a team should pick one over the other, but for my personal ranking, if I'm going to give the slight edge to someone, it's going to be Svech.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Brady will be the perfect complimentary player on a good team. He could score 65 points on a top contender. If you're team sucks however and needs game breaking talent then stay away. He would he be perfect on the Jets or Penguins.
My thoughts exactly. He should be in the 8-12 range. He's by far the least skilled guy consistently rated in the top 10 imo. Good player, almost guaranteed to be a long-term NHLer, but he's a purely complimentary guy imo. Now if youve already got your line drivers he'd be a huge add and likely be a key piece to a future cup contender.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Watched him today. Been down on him all season (for where he is ranked) and today was just more proof.

Yes, I watched the BU - Michigan game, too, and he was kind of invisible -- just like he was so many nights with the NTDP. Quinn Hughes, on the other hand, looks even better than I remember when he played for the NTDP last season. It was cool watching the game, with so many NTDP alumni on both teams that I watched play here. Seeing Michigan win was a nice bonus -- GO BLUE! Michigan's in both the basketball Final Four and hockey Frozen Four.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Brando

May 21, 2017
I honestly don't see what's so funny. This is a ranking not a mock draft. Obviously Dahlin is gonna be taken 1st overall, but he's gonna take some time before he starts producing at an elite level. That's the way it is with D. Svechnikov will start putting up monster numbers very early in his career. I'm not saying a team should pick one over the other, but for my personal ranking, if I'm going to give the slight edge to someone, it's going to be Svech.

I actually think Dahlin has the ability to step in right away as an elite defenceman.

I also believe Svech has the potential to be a franchise winger but I just think Dahlin is unlike any D prospect we've seen before.

Kind of getting off topic now but that's my 2 cents.

Reactions: cgf

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It’s gonna be funny to watch this guy become a first line winger and all the guys on here who wanted nothing to do with him change their tune.

Do any of you guys realize how annoying it is for this thread to be nothing but “this guy is incredibly overrated and I can’t believe he’s ranked over X player and I’m praying my team doesn’t take him”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->