F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
ISS had Tkachuk at #2 after the WJHC in January. I doubt anyone chooses Tkachuk over a more dynamic Svechnikov though. Still though, being in the conversation says something.

That was stupid of them then and it's just as dumb now. One outlier rating doesn't mean he was ever seriously in the conversation for #2...or even #3 :dunno:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Brady will be the perfect complimentary player on a good team. He could score 65 points on a top contender. If you're team sucks however and needs game breaking talent then stay away. He would he be perfect on the Jets or Penguins.

elitebottomsix

Feb 19, 2016
That was stupid of them then and it's just as dumb now. One outlier rating doesn't mean he was ever seriously in the conversation for #2...or even #3 :dunno:

ISS ranking him at 2 is the exact definition of him being in the conversation for 2 or 3. It’s one of the major rankings lists out there. You can disagree with their ranking but you can’t wish it out of existence because you’ve decided they are “dumb”.

I have him @ 6 right now btw

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Fair enough. Obviously McDavid was going to make anyone else #2. But it was more of an observation about the entire draft than a dig at Tkachuk. Like for instance, Shane Bowers is roughly the same age as Tkachuk and is also a freshman, yet he’s having a better offensive season as a 27th overall pick in 2017. Where would Bowers rank in this year’s draft?

I haven’t looked into this years draft too much, but for all the talk about a deeper draft, it just seems like there’s some signs that it could be a weaker one.

Bowers is their 1st line center.

Tkachuk is on the 2nd line with Greenway.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Brady will be the perfect complimentary player on a good team. He could score 65 points on a top contender. If you're team sucks however and needs game breaking talent then stay away. He would he be perfect on the Jets or Penguins.
If he's the BPA when the Avs pick, I think he'd be a tremendous add to our youth movement with nastier more meaner 2nd line Landy jr.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
There is no chance he lasts to the spots Pens or Jets will be selecting.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Something to consider for all those hating on the fact he'd be in last year's draft if he was a day older

Brady Tkachuk: 8 Goals, 20 Assists for 28 points in 36 games.
Casey Middlestadt: 11 goals, 19 Assists for 30 points in 34 games.

Both play in the NCAA, only Casey is 10 months older and considered an offensive force, while Tkachuk is considered to not have an elite Ceiling. Couple that with him Brady being more physically mature, and other desirable aspects to his game, and I think the top 4-8 ranking is warranted. He's outscoring what Middlestadt, who I think is a very good prospect, would have if he was the same age. Brady's game translates better to the NHL too.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Something to consider for all those hating on the fact he'd be in last year's draft if he was a day older

Brady Tkachuk: 8 Goals, 20 Assists for 28 points in 36 games.
Casey Middlestadt: 11 goals, 19 Assists for 30 points in 34 games.

Both play in the NCAA, only Casey is 10 months older and considered an offensive force, while Tkachuk is considered to not have an elite Ceiling. Couple that with him Brady being more physically mature, and other desirable aspects to his game, and I think the top 4-8 ranking is warranted. He's outscoring what Middlestadt, who I think is a very good prospect, would have if he was the same age. Brady's game translates better to the NHL too.
Brady has a far better team around him. Mittelstadt ishis team

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Brady has a far better team around him. Mittelstadt is his team

That storyline needs to disappear like yesterday.
He plays with Rem Pitlick and scott reedy who are drafted players, and not some scrubs.

Tkachuk plays with a a Kid who started playing center this year, and 23 year old undrafted transfer.

Last edited:

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I don't see him lasting past the 5th pick. I've seen him ranked as low is the low teens but that is just nonsense.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Mittelstadt also completely carried Brady in the WJC. He dominated the tournament.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
That storyline needs to disappear like yesterday.
He plays with Rem Pitlick and scott reedy who are drafted players, and not some scrubs.

Tkachuk plays with a a Kid who started playing center this year, and 23 year old undrafted transfer.
On papaer they don't look terrible. But, they are terrible.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
ISS ranking him at 2 is the exact definition of him being in the conversation for 2 or 3. It’s one of the major rankings lists out there. You can disagree with their ranking but you can’t wish it out of existence because you’ve decided they are “dumb”.

I have him @ 6 right now btw

It's still just a single ranking taken at a time were players get massively over- & under-rated because of the WJC. That's an outlier, and a dumb one at that. Even after the WJC putting Tkachuk ahead of Svech or Zadina was asinine unless you were just ranking who had the most productive WJC.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
ISS had Tkachuk at #2 after the WJHC in January. I doubt anyone chooses Tkachuk over a more dynamic Svechnikov though. Still though, being in the conversation says something.

The same place that lists him as a center?

Last edited:

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
The same place that lists him as a center?
Doesn't every bio list him as a center? HockeyDB, eliteprospects and etc. Maybe ISS just hasn't updated it. I actually heard on tv a week or so ago, an color analyst mentioned that at least 1 team has ranked Brady Tkachul #2 on their list. So really, not that crazy.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like this guy more than his brother Matthew. And I like Matthew a lot already. Brady is going to be better IMO. And that tells you all you need to know how high this guy's ceiling is. He's going to be a great pick whomever is lucky enough to land him after Dahlin goes #1.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Doesn't every bio list him as a center? HockeyDB, eliteprospects and etc. Maybe ISS just hasn't updated it. I actually heard on tv a week or so ago, an color analyst mentioned that at least 1 team has ranked Brady Tkachul #2 on their list. So really, not that crazy.

No. Button doesn’t, hockeyprospect.com doesn’t, Pronman doesn’t, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->