F Beckett Hendrickson - USNTDP, USHL (2023, 124th, BOS)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought I had made a thread for this guy. Must’ve gotten lost in the migration.

I think this guy is probably the most underrated of the 2005 NTDP group. He’s a do it all type. He has size, can skate, chips in some offense, he plays physical, and can also defend. I think he’ll end up a middle six center in the NHL. Maybe like say an Andrew Copp. The team that drafts him might prefer him on the wing, so I’ll list him as a forward. I don’t think it’s clear yet which he plays.

I would have him as a second round range guy going into next season, but I haven’t heard him mentioned much yet, so that may only be my opinion.

Father is a former NHL’er. One of the better Minnesotan’s in his draft.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you like him better than Snuggerud this year? Profiles feel somewhat similar although definitely more hype around Snuggerud.
Probably a little less, but for me it’s very close. I think Snuggerud has better upside with the shot and better defensive play, but Hendrickson skates better. I see the similarities though.

Goingintothe3rd

Jun 19, 2019
I think this one is interesting. Nice player, decent upside. Think his potential is there and could be a pro player. Don’t think the NTDP is the place for Beckett and a couple others on the team to max development. No minutes, no special teams, no key moments, not reg shift. Better playing top 6 for a USHL team or the go to guy in HS. Thoughts?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I think this one is interesting. Nice player, decent upside. Think his potential is there and could be a pro player. Don’t think the NTDP is the place for Beckett and a couple others on the team to max development. No minutes, no special teams, no key moments, not reg shift. Better playing top 6 for a USHL team or the go to guy in HS. Thoughts?

He plays a regular shift.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
1+2 today in a big win. Led the team in points from the 13F spot. Doesn’t make sense that he isn’t playing more. He’s better than at least half the forwards on the team, and because he got injured at a bad time and the team is winning they won’t break up the lines.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Love how he plays. He’s one of the most underrated players in this draft. He can do some of everything. Really would not mind seeing him as the third guy with Hagens and Eiserman when they’re promoted because I feel like that jack of all trades player who can keep up with them and also do the defensive/physical/puck retrieval side of the game is what they’ll need. Will also help his draft stock, which is in big need of being boosted and should be boosted based on the player he could become.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here's the thing. I sometimes think some of these kids that play at the NTDP are at a disadvantage with the draft and improving.

If you aren't going to be a top 4-5 forward on the team, does it really help you as opposed to being that on one of the best USHL teams or a team in the CHL?

Hendrickson was jerked around for two years with his role. He was worse than the top 5 forwards, so I'm not arguing with it, but I almost feel like he has more upside than we all think because we haven't seen what he can do when he's valued. I hope we can see that when he goes to Minnesota. Maybe not year 1, but 2, 3, and 4 I hope he can be a big player for them, and we can see if he's really only a bottom 6 forward or he has some untapped upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad