F Arsen Khisamutdinov - Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, KHL (2019, 170th, MTL released)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Arsen Khisamutdinov at eliteprospects.com

Big forward (6'3, 205), last year he was 23+40 in in 59 games in the MHL, this year he's 24+25 after 38 games. And he's 2+2 after 6 games in the KHL (scored his 1st and 2nd KHL goals today). He's eligible for the draft as a triple overager.

Here is one of his MHL goals, when he was just 18 year old, watch at 3:35. He skates really well. He scored a hatty in that game, btw, 3rd, 4th and 5th goals

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'd say there is more chances that he get signed as a UFA than drafted. If he gets drafted, it's because a team gets convinced enough he will come over and spend a 6-7th on him.

is he coming over?lol

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I like this pick. It seems that the plan is to let him season in the KHL and then bring him over when he’s 25.

Where are you getting this from? He's 21, the plan should be to bring him to Laval for next season. He's not under contract in Russia anymore

Reactions: Garnet76

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Where are you getting this from? He's 21, the plan should be to bring him to Laval for next season. He's not under contract in Russia anymore

Yes he is - Trevor Timmins specifically mentioned he is under contract for one more year. I assume they hope he has a big year and can get in front of him for his 22 year old year.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Why would you want him to develop in the AHL if he’s developing well in the KHL? He’s likely nowhere near NHL ready.

The AHL is a more physical league and he could potentially have a bigger role there. Personally I don't see a problem with him staying in Russia, but also the AHL path has its merits.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've been watching him a little this year between KHL and VHL, like the size and he seems to have some offensive skills. He's not getting much TOI but in his short KHL career he's got 8 pts in 33 games playing 4th line minutes (around 10 per) He was near a ppg in the few VHL games he played (5 goals, 7 pts in 9 games)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He had a 3 pt night in the VHL, seems like he's stuck in between leagues as in the VHL he's near a ppg but in the KHL he can't seem to get much ice time.

I wonder where he'll play next year, his contract with Neftekhimik is up at the end of the season and the Habs have talked about bringing him over during the draft last summer after this season but not sure if they should or not as I guess it depends on what kind of role he would have in the KHL next year. If it's under 10 mins that he plays now, then perhaps the AHL would be better for him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is VHL better than the ECHL ? How does it work ? Would he be better for him to play in the AHL next year ? It seems to be a league in between VHL and KHL.

I have only seen a few VHL games so maybe it's better or around the same. As for the AHL next year, it's a tough call as it could be very crowded in Laval but the Habs badly need someone like him as he's got that big frame and is a shooter as he racks up a ton of shots but doesn't back down physically either. I assume he would be in the KHL full time next year but MB said at the draft he wanted to bring him over at the end of this season so we'll see if that's still the plan.

Reactions: Agalloch

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If Laval is crowded and he ends up in the ECHL , not a fan at all of him being there over playing in the KHL.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
If Laval is crowded and he ends up in the ECHL , not a fan at all of him being there over playing in the KHL.

If he is slated to play in the KHL, then he is certainly good enough to stick in AHL. Worse case scenario he has a bad camp and needs a few weeks in ECHL to get used to North America.

He will be in the AHL

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If he is slated to play in the KHL, then he is certainly good enough to stick in AHL. Worse case scenario he has a bad camp and needs a few weeks in ECHL to get used to North America.

He will be in the AHL

It depends on the AHL team, players like Korostelev and Popugayev were being assigned to the ECHL whereas back home they are mostly up with the KHL team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad