F Andrei Altybarmakyan - HC Sochi, KHL (2017, 70th, CHI)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Maybe Stan should sign the guy SKA got back in the deal? Is he a prospect too or just a vet they think can help their big club in SKA now,..

As for AA#2 (AA#1 is of course Artem Anisimov. ..so the Hawks have 2 AA guys and we must differentiate the abbreviations), he probably gets playing time and more minutes now in the KHL with Sochi.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Do you think this is a good thing for him? Is there a better spot for him in Sochi or was he traded to a better team?
Well, he will get to play 15 minutes per game at the KHL level so I'd say that's good for him. Sochi is basically SKA's farm club, I can't even count how many players they sent there. Rykov and Altybarmakyan are the latest ones.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Maybe Stan should sign the guy SKA got back in the deal? Is he a prospect too or just a vet they think can help their big club in SKA now,..
Does your team lack bodies in ECHL or something? Larichev was on loan in Sochi and lost his roster spot this season. So Sochi called SKA up and told them "give us the better guy you have rusting away in the VHL, the last one didn't cut we are sending him back". He will help SKA alright, just not the big club but SKA-Neva, their VHL farm. He won't play a single KHL game in St. Petersburg unless they are hit with some massive wave of injuries.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rykov is playing top 4 minutes at Sochi. Its been very good for his development. I think this will benefit Altybarmakyan. Sochi isn't a bad team either. They will likely make the playoffs.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Would be great if the stronger KHL teams would more often loan their top prospects to the weaker ones to develop like teams do in European soccer. Would likely prevent some players from moving to the CHL, ECHL, AHL too early.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad