F Andrei Altybarmakyan - HC Sochi, KHL (2017, 70th, CHI)

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
If I remember correctly, "Altybarmak" means "six fingers" in Turkish, but yes, -yan is an Armenian ending (the same as -ian).
Interesting. The more you know.

Whats his game like? Skating, defense and IQ.

Interesting pim numbers. Isnt really big so is he an agitator type or just that everyone wants to mess with him b/c hes not pure Russian?

Big jump in numbers from last year. Any reason for this difference. Probably moved up to the first line but may have been something else and not selected for U18 team previous years.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Interesting. The more you know.

Whats his game like? Skating, defense and IQ.

Interesting pim numbers. Isnt really big so is he an agitator type or just that everyone wants to mess with him b/c hes not pure Russian?

Big jump in numbers from last year. Any reason for this difference. Probably moved up to the first line but may have been something else and not selected for U18 team previous years.

Skating is good, defense not so much due to a modest size, but he is trying to be a 200ft player (especially on the forecheck), IQ looks good to me as well.

Somehow I didn't see anything interesting in PIMs, am I looking somehow wrongly?

Not a huge jump, he was close to ppg in MHL last year, was about 1.5 ppg this year, so pretty much just a steady (in a good tempo though) improvement. He spent some time with the U18 NT last year, I think Chicago scouts first met him there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad