F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Nobody sends back 1OA draft picks to junior. So, yes, he'll begin his NHL career as an 18 year old, and will turn 19 a week later.
Well my initial point was that he could play RIGHT NOW in the NHL as a 17 years old because of his smarts and decision making. Of course that is impossible because he can only be drafted in 2020.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Well my initial point was that he could play RIGHT NOW in the NHL as a 17 years old because of his smarts and decision making. Of course that is impossible because he can only be drafted in 2020.

I have my doubts about that, but being in a generous mood I suppose he could have a Andrie Svechnikov impact in this hypothetical, with limited TOI and 3-4 goals in 20 games.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Lafrenière could already play pro. He proccess the game like a pro. Always making good decisions, amazing vision and very fast hands. Always well positioned. I think he is not a dominant eye catching fast skater like Yakupov, Hall or McDavid were but he is such a strong skater with always keeping his head up and balance it reminds me Jack Eichel. I think which ever team get him should be thrilled to have such a smart and talented kid.

Eichel is a really good comparable, come to think of it.

Not quite as good of a skater, though, but he has the same kind of smoothness coupled with smarts and a strong shot.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Eichel is a really good comparable, come to think of it.

Not quite as good of a skater, though, but he has the same kind of smoothness coupled with smarts and a strong shot.

He's got better edgework than Eichel, but not as fast. Eichel has some really long strides.

Last edited:

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
1G 2A, +4 in a 4-2 win against the Drummondville Voltigeur's powerhouse. He now has 49 points in 29 games with a +23, good for 3rd in scoring and 3 points behind the scoring leader.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
FYI, Lafreniere and the Rimouski Oceanics are playing the Sherbrooke Phoenix on sportsnet at 3:30 ET.

Reactions: TimeZone

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Is there a link for us Europeans?

I have no idea, but there's a bigger chance to find a stream online since it is broadcast by a popular channel. Game starts in a hour and 15mins, I'd google for a stream at that time if id be you.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Pretty excited to watch this game he had a quiet night when I seen him live back in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->