RW Alexander Pashin - Spartak Moscow, KHL (2020, 199th, CAR)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
DeBrincat didn't need those inches to score 40 last year as well as Caufield to get picked in the 1st round. The question is are his shot, skating and IQ good enough to make impact as a pro.

His hands and skating look good enough, as to IQ, it's always a question untill he'll get tested by big players.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Russian '02 forward crop isn't very good, but I find this guy to be a good player. He's small, but he skates well, works hard and plays all situations. He's also 21 points in 21 games so far this season in the MHL, so he's been productive. I could see him being a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
The Russian '02 forward crop isn't very good, but I find this guy to be a good player. He's small, but he skates well, works hard and plays all situations. He's also 21 points in 21 games so far this season in the MHL, so he's been productive. I could see him being a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Kid's got one hell of a snipe.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like a guy who can be a good player. I see he's listed as an early 2nd in a mock draft, I wonder if he can get into Round 1.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Undersized Russian forward Alexander Pashin bounced around a bit this year, but spent the majority of his time with Tolpar Ufa in the MHL. He scored 17 goals and 22 assists for 39 points in 37 games in the Russian Junior league. He also played two games in the VHL for Toros Neftekamsk, picking up one assist. Pashin made his KHL debut, playing one game for Salavat Yulaev Ufa. In four games with Salavat U18 squad, he picked up two assists. He also played 15 games with the Russian Under-18 team, scoring seven goals and 13 points. Pashin was impressive at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, putting up seven goals and an assist for eight points in five games and winning a gold medal. He also won gold at the World Junior A Championships, where he had four assists in six games.

Last season, Pashin had 10 points in 17 MHL games. He also scored three points in two games in the U18 league and 11 points in eight games in the U17. Pashin scored two goals and five points at the Under-17 WHC, winning another gold medal. He also had three points in three games at the European Youth Olympics.

Our scouting report
Alexander Pashin Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #84

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
give the kid two or three inches, and he's a top 20 pick, but at his height, i think he'll slip to the second round.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
I saw him in last preseason game against KHL team Traktor and he played not bad. Definitely showed that he can be good forward, but needs to adjust his game mostly because of his small size. It was a lot of time after that game, I hope that he became more mature.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
He's a special talent.. The frame is irrelevant to me. He works hard every single shifts. Great motor, great hands, great shot, great IQ.. He'd be quite a steal in the 2nd round.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
I think he's hard to judge. I'm not sure his game will translate on smaller ice as he relies on open ice to be effective.

Reactions: KristichBabych

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad