RW Alexander Kisakov (2021, 53rd, BUF)

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Usually like to stick with shift-by-shifts but it's fun to take a look at the goals scored by the prominent goal scorers in the draft class, so here's all the goals Kisakov scored in the 2020/2021 season:

Reactions: alexislafreniere

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
Anybody from Russia have an idea of where Kisakov ranks in regards to Russian prospects available for the draft? He looks like he weighs all of his listed 140lbs (sounds like a Flames pick already).

Reactions: L13

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Playing in the Dynamo Moscow system, Alexander Kisakov has not yet made his KHL debut but has dominated at the MHL level this past season. In 61 games he scored 36 goals and 37 assists for 73 points. He also added five goals and five assists for 10 points in 14 playoff games, helping lead Dynamo Moscow to the MHL title. It was a big improvement on his 2019-20 season when Kisakov played 34 games at the MHL level, scoring two goals and 16 assists for 18 points. He also played in four games for the Russian Under-18 that year, scoring two goals and three assists for five points. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 Pandemic cancelled the 2020 IIHF Under-18s and he was unable to show off his skills in the signature tournament.

In 2018-19 Kisakov was limited to just five MHL games, picking up two assists. He also played eight games in the Under-18 Russian League, scoring three goals and six assists for nine points. In 19 games at the Under-17 level, he scored eight goals and 11 assists for 19 points. Kisakov also played in seven games for the Russian Under-17 team, picking up two assists.

2021 NHL Draft #45: Alexander Kisakov Scouting Report

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Significant plays from five games of Kisakov:

Playing in the Dynamo Moscow system, Alexander Kisakov has not yet made his KHL debut but has dominated at the MHL level this past season. In 61 games he scored 36 goals and 37 assists for 73 points. He also added five goals and five assists for 10 points in 14 playoff games, helping lead Dynamo Moscow to the MHL title. It was a big improvement on his 2019-20 season when Kisakov played 34 games at the MHL level, scoring two goals and 16 assists for 18 points. He also played in four games for the Russian Under-18 that year, scoring two goals and three assists for five points. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 Pandemic cancelled the 2020 IIHF Under-18s and he was unable to show off his skills in the signature tournament.

In 2018-19 Kisakov was limited to just five MHL games, picking up two assists. He also played eight games in the Under-18 Russian League, scoring three goals and six assists for nine points. In 19 games at the Under-17 level, he scored eight goals and 11 assists for 19 points. Kisakov also played in seven games for the Russian Under-17 team, picking up two assists.

2021 NHL Draft #45: Alexander Kisakov Scouting Report

This kid is looking like a first round sleeper. I could see him going 16-32 with his talent and skating ability.

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
Wouldn’t mind the Flames trading up in the second round if he’s still there. Seems like a sleeper based on the scouting reports.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I'm quite certain many teams will compare him favourably to similarly sized players the likes of Chibirikov, Tuomaala, Samoskevich, Martino, Koivunen and Stankoven. He is a clear candidate to go much higher than the current draft rankings have him on average, although CSS has him as a 1st rounder based on their ranking. But you never know with the draft and in particular where a skilled Russian might ultimately go.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm quite certain many teams will compare him favourably to similarly sized players the likes of Chibirikov, Tuomaala, Samoskevich, Martino, Koivunen and Stankoven. He is a clear candidate to go much higher than the current draft rankings have him on average, although CSS has him as a 1st rounder based on their ranking. But you never know with the draft and in particular where a skilled Russian might ultimately go.

You’ve listed players ranging from 5’8-6’0.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Some footage from a game in April:

Hmm, might not be a great comparable but he reminds me of Ondrej Kase. Rated fairly high and got picked super late. Both were very productive in the draft year… quick, and good skill level, and a bit feisty. Kase got stronger, and at the lister 140s, Kisakov should definitely be able to add muscle to hopefully get more power in his legs. Kisakov might drop a bit due to size concerns and playing in the MHL. I’m guessing he’s a 3rd to 4th round pick.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
Hmm, might not be a great comparable but he reminds me of Ondrej Kase. Rated fairly high and got picked super late. Both were very productive in the draft year… quick, and good skill level, and a bit feisty. Kase got stronger, and at the lister 140s, Kisakov should definitely be able to add muscle to hopefully get more power in his legs. Kisakov might drop a bit due to size concerns and playing in the MHL. I’m guessing he’s a 3rd to 4th round pick.
my guess is he'll be able to climb to 180 in a couple years and get drafted more around 5th round. It wouldnt be a bad pick but would be surprised if a team picks him in 3rd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad