F Alex Laferriere - Des Moines Buccaneers, USHL (2020, 83rd, LA)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
At first I was like wooooow he left the Q ?!

Now I see this is an excellent, well placed troll/ f*** with your mind thread.

The other is doing well in the USHL.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
anyone that's seen this guy have a scouting report?
Yeah, good competitor, fairly noticeable most shifts, definitely has a nose for the net, finds a way to finish plays. Wouldn't say he's a super high-end skater straight-away speed-wise but he's definitely not slow, he's fairly good in tight areas, wins battles. He's playing with tons of confidence right now and looks great. I think the nature of things he will probably slow down a bit but he's on track to get drafted for sure

Reactions: neelynugs

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Heating up again. 11 points in last 5 games. 3 points yesterday against league leading USHL team Chicago Steel. And was ranked #60 by Future Considerations

Reactions: neelynugs

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Chatham, New Jersey native Alex Laferriere had a big season with the Des Moines Buccaneers in the USHL, getting the attention of hockey prospect watchers. He scored 19 goals and 26 assists for 45 points in 42 games before the season was halted due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Laferriere also played six games for Team USA at the 2019 World Junior A Hockey Championships in December, winning a silver medal.

In 2018-19, Laferriere played 12 games for Des Moines but did not record a point. He spent most of the season playing high school hockey on the prep school circuit, representing Kent School. He scored 19 goals and 34 assists for 53 points in just 27 games. Laferriere was named to the US High School – Prep All Founders League Team. Laferriere is committed to attending Harvard University, playing for the Crimson in 2021-22. It is expected that he will spend one more season with Des Moines before joining Harvard. He should be one of the best players in the USHL next year. In 2017-2018, Laferriere led his North Jersey Avalanche team to the AYHL National Under-16 Championship. His father, Rob Laferriere, played for Princeton and Harvard in the 1990s.

Our Scouting Report
Alex Laferriere Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #89

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like Lafrerriere has a game thats likely to yield a professional hockey career, but not in the NHL. I think he'll be a good AHL'er, but I don't think he's dynamic enough for the NHL at his size. He also still has plenty of time to improve.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
I'll bet a loonie that GM Marc Bergevin oversleeps on draft day then takes him with a top 10 pick thinking that Alexis Lafrenierre is still on the board.
I would love it even more if a team like Pittsburgh lotteries into first and calls Alex Laferierre up by mistake.

Last edited:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'll bet a loonie that GM Marc Bergevin oversleeps on draft day then takes him with a top 10 pick thinking that Alexis Lafrenierre is still on the board.

Marc makes the mistake, everyone wonders WTF is going on, Churla and Timmins then notices the note Bergevin crumpled on the side:

43x6tc.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad