F Alessandro Di Iorio - Vaughn Kings, GTHL U16 (2026 Draft)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I only saw one game from him, but looked like a right handed Matthews or Stamkos back before he was drafted. Completely on another level from every other player. He was almost too good to not be for real.

I'm not ready to say he's going to be a generational player or anything like that, but he looks like a strong contender for #1 in the OHL draft.

Reactions: Svedu and Dominance

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I only saw one game from him, but looked like a right handed Matthews or Stamkos back before he was drafted. Completely on another level from every other player. He was almost too good to not be for real.

I'm not ready to say he's going to be a generational player or anything like that, but he looks like a strong contender for #1 in the OHL draft.

Funny enough, most of the public rankings from OHL draft followers I've seen have him ranked between 10-20. Having not seen any of the OHL draft eligibles yet, I was curious why he made the team over some others.

After watching this tournament, I'm shocked he isn't ranked higher. He was the best player on Canada for my money (Preston was excellent as well), and looked a tier ahead of Wassilyn and Valentini, who most OHL draft followers have ranked 1-2, as well as Edwards, who is often ranked ahead of Di Iorio. I know it's one tournament, but I have a hard time believing there are 2-3 better players for the OHL draft, let alone 10-20. I'd be curious to see where OHL teams have him ranked.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Funny enough, most of the public rankings from OHL draft followers I've seen have him ranked between 10-20. Having not seen any of the OHL draft eligibles yet, I was curious why he made the team over some others.

After watching this tournament, I'm shocked he isn't ranked higher. He was the best player on Canada for my money (Preston was excellent as well), and looked a tier ahead of Wassilyn and Valentini, who most OHL draft followers have ranked 1-2, as well as Edwards, who is often ranked ahead of Di Iorio. I know it's one tournament, but I have a hard time believing there are 2-3 better players for the OHL draft, let alone 10-20. I'd be curious to see where OHL teams have him ranked.
I liked Edwards and Valentini, but agree that he looks above them.

It could be that most didn’t have him ranked that high because he’s improved a lot recently. These players are still at an age where they grow a lot taller, improve their skating a lot, improve their hockey sense a lot, switch positions, or any number of changes that see them hit a new level. Could be the case with him. The fact that he was picked for this team probably suggests Hockey Canada hierarchy has him as a top 5 player from the Ontario as of now.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
personally I don’t like to proclaim things like that after one strong showing at a U16 tournament.

I created the thread, but he isn’t on Bedard’s level
Says you, lol! The one who is claiming Joni Jurmo is a sure NHL'er... I mean he's Finnish, I hope you are right lmao.

You remember Shane Wright was almost as hyped or just as hyped as Bedard back in the days? Personally I was never sold on Wright, nor Lafreniere. Again, based on eye test. And yeah, I think those goals this kid scored witnessed of something spectacular. But... Again. It's almost never a sure bet with prospects if you are not Sid the Kid, Mcdavid or Ovechkin...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Says you, lol!
You remember Shane Wright was almost as hyped or just as hyped as Bedard back in the days? Personally I was never sold on Wright, nor Lafreniere. Again, based on eye test. And yeah, I think those goals this kid scored witnessed of something spectacular. But... Again. It's almost never a sure bet with prospects if you are not Sid the Kid, Mcdavid or Ovechkin...
I was never sold on Wright either. Kid had a full beard at 14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad