F Aito Iguchi - Saitama Warriors, Japan (2021 Draft) Part 2

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Where have I said Sato "deserves a look"? I said he is legitimately better than Iguchi. If you think he was "awful in that tournament" you either didn't watch it or are talking out of your ass. If you hate Sato that much it just tells how bad Iguchi actually is. And as a Lithuanian who has seen countless "quadruple underagers" score well above PPG at that level yeah, the guy isn't even close to the NHL level.

Count... countless... you... can't count to 3?
Elite Prospects - WJC-20 D2A Stats All-time season

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
France is a far more respectable hockey country than Japan.

Bellemare wasn't and isn't 5'3".

u-20 D2 is literally a non-achievement against countries that barely play hockey. I doubt that's much stronger than Finnish u-20 mestis.

Iguchi's done nothing at all against any real competition. Yu Sato or Yusaku Ando have neither done much, and neither should IMO be drafted, but at least they've played in reasonable leagues.

Well, as I said like 4 years ago, Aito Iguchi is a non-prospect for NHL, as he's always been.

See but you just did the thing I was talking about. You claimed Sato and Ando are "at least playing in reasonable leagues"

You could have easily said "Stephen Dixon is producing in a reasonable league therefore he is better than Bellemare." Turned out that take would be bad.

So because guys in the CHL can bust that means teams should look into drafting players playing in leagues equivalent to high school hockey? What kind of logic is this?

This guy isn't even good enough to play in the CHL, he isnt coming anywhere close to the NHL. Zero chance and that's a certainty.

Any player picked in the 4th rd + have little chance of making the NHL but at least they have a small chance and show some type of NHL skill. This guy would be a complete waste of a pick and will be lucky to make a second tier euro league

Well first of all, NHL teams draft out of high school hockey. At least 15 according to HockeyDB last season.

Second of all, well is it really worth it? Seems like you're repeating the same things over and over.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
See but you just did the thing I was talking about. You claimed Sato and Ando are "at least playing in reasonable leagues"

You could have easily said "Stephen Dixon is producing in a reasonable league therefore he is better than Bellemare." Turned out that take would be bad.

Well first of all, NHL teams draft out of high school hockey. At least 15 according to HockeyDB last season.

Second of all, well is it really worth it? Seems like you're repeating the same things over and over.
Out of regular Canadian high school hockey? No they don't unless it's prep schools which are the equivalent to Jr.A hockey.

Also worth noting that exactly zero of them have ever turned out out actually be NHL players.

Again, this guy simply isn't getting drafted.

This isnt like a 6+ foot grinder refining his skills enough to make it as a 4th line banger. Its a 5'3 skilled player who actually isnt very skilled relative to his peers.

This thread really should be deleted and/or locked.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Out of regular Canadian high school hockey? No they don't unless it's prep schools which are the equivalent to Jr.A hockey.

Also worth noting that exactly zero of them have ever turned out out actually be NHL players.

This isnt like a 6+ foot grinder refining his skills enough to make it as a 4th line banger. Its a 5'3 skilled player who actually isnt very skilled relative to his peers.

The goal posts keep moving here, I like it.

-Now it's Canadian high school, OK. Well there have been players drafted out of St. Andrews, Stanstead, Notre Dame, etc.

-No. You can't just say Prep School is equal to Jr. A Hockey. That's absolute insanity.

-Mark Jankowski says "Hi." Warren Foegle says "Hello." Morgan Barron says "Damn man come on, I just got to the AHL give me a minute." But I suppose those won't count because Prep = Jr. A?

-I donno why we're acting like he may not have grown over the last year, we don't have an updated height.

-I don't understand why the threads existence bothers you so much. You can just not click it and move on with your day, no?

Reactions: foggyvisor

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The goal posts keep moving here, I like it.

-Now it's Canadian high school, OK. Well there have been players drafted out of St. Andrews, Stanstead, Notre Dame, etc.

-No. You can't just say Prep School is equal to Jr. A Hockey. That's absolute insanity.

-Mark Jankowski says "Hi." Warren Foegle says "Hello." Morgan Barron says "Damn man come on, I just got to the AHL give me a minute." But I suppose those won't count because Prep = Jr. A?

-I donno why we're acting like he may not have grown over the last year, we don't have an updated height.

-I don't understand why the threads existence bothers you so much. You can just not click it and move on with your day, no?
It's not insanity, its facts. Regular canadian high school teams are viewed as worse than midget AAA. Prep schools are not and if you think otherwise then you simply dont know anything about the Canadian hockey system.

If he had grown, we would have heard something about it because this kid has a weird cult following despite his ZERO NHL potential

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
It's not insanity, its facts. Regular canadian high school teams are viewed as worse than midget AAA. Prep schools are not and if you think otherwise then you simply dont know anything about the Canadian hockey system.

If he had grown, we would have heard something about it because this kid has a weird cult following despite his ZERO NHL potential

Ok thank you for the lesson.

CSSHL U18 = BCHL
MPHL = AJHL
CISAA = OJHL

Now I know.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
He was never a prodigy. He was a very technically skilled kid that got youtube famous based on practice moves and scrimmages against house league players.

He very likely doesn't make any CHL rosters, let alone have NHL teams looking at him
Stop ignoring the USHL combine. I know it’s a few games but he was one of the better guys there. He could wtleast play in the USHL and go from there. That’s a fact.

to just say he has no chance because we don’t have an update on him is insane

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020

Again, you literally have no idea if he’s 5’3. Hasn’t been measured in a year and he’s 17

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Sure why not, especially if my team had 2 of them. Total wildcard. The one time he did play NA competition (USHL Combine) he was one of the better players there. I’m sure he’s grown/continued to improve.
Come on man... Lmao. The USHL combine wasn't exactly a best on best tournament. It was mid level AAA players trying to get exposure. He got drafted late into the 4th best junior league in NA and then couldn't make the team so went back to Japan. He's not an NHL/AHL/ECHL player. At best he might play mid level pro in Europe where it's less physical. You don't waste a pick on a player like that.

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020

You’re making me hope Detroit uses as second on him.

dude you need a Xanax. Nobody is saying he’s a lock to make it. Most 7th founders have ZERO chance of making the nhl. He was a very skilled player that hasn’t made a competition jump yet, we’re in the middle of covid. Who knows, he could’ve been lighting up the USHL right now at 5’6 130 as a 17 year old and fielded D1 offers.

the point here is, he has undeniable skill, he showed it in the few games he played in NA, and he’s a total wildcard because he’s not playing in his draft year. If he’s 5’5 5’6 and put on some weight, why the f*** not throw a 7th on him?

the devils traded for a 7th to draft Marty’s son who actually was bad at hockey.

idk why the concept of someone taking a flyer on the kid is such an issue for you but it’s certainly a possibility. Will he make the nhl? Probably not. Most guys don’t ...

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Come on man... Lmao. The USHL combine wasn't exactly a best on best tournament. It was mid level AAA players trying to get exposure. He got drafted late into the 4th best junior league in NA and then couldn't make the team so went back to Japan. He's not an NHL/AHL/ECHL player. At best he might play mid level pro in Europe where it's less physical. You don't waste a pick on a player like that.
Is it true that he didn’t make the team or he just didn’t want to play there? Source?

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
Another thing for those saying he has no shot in the chl... didn’t he go top 5 in the import draft?

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015

I played A level hockey and I was the 1B goalie for a LOSSA winning high school within the last decade. You're exactly right, high school hockey was a cakewalk.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Is it true that he didn’t make the team or he just didn’t want to play there? Source?
That's even worse for his draft chances if he just didn't want to play in a decent level of hockey. Either way, there's exactly 0% chance that an NHL team uses anything more than a 7th round pick and maybe a 0.1% chance of them using even a 7th.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's pretty irrelevant when non of those registered players are actually good at hockey...
I agree that development clearly matters, but if Japan ever decided to get organised in regards to development as Germany has done, they would become one of the better nations in hockey.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I agree that development clearly matters, but if Japan ever decided to get organised in regards to development as Germany has done, they would become one of the better nations in hockey.

And Germany would become a powerhouse in baseball. It's not in any way realistic. Hockey is and will stay irrelevant in Japan.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You’re making me hope Detroit uses as second on him.

dude you need a Xanax. Nobody is saying he’s a lock to make it. Most 7th founders have ZERO chance of making the nhl. He was a very skilled player that hasn’t made a competition jump yet, we’re in the middle of covid. Who knows, he could’ve been lighting up the USHL right now at 5’6 130 as a 17 year old and fielded D1 offers.

the point here is, he has undeniable skill, he showed it in the few games he played in NA, and he’s a total wildcard because he’s not playing in his draft year. If he’s 5’5 5’6 and put on some weight, why the f*** not throw a 7th on him?

the devils traded for a 7th to draft Marty’s son who actually was bad at hockey.

idk why the concept of someone taking a flyer on the kid is such an issue for you but it’s certainly a possibility. Will he make the nhl? Probably not. Most guys don’t ...
Because he doesnt have deniable skill at all. Hes not getting drafted

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Absolutely but unfortunately did not do so in Iguchi's time

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Stop ignoring the USHL combine. I know it’s a few games but he was one of the better guys there. He could wtleast play in the USHL and go from there. That’s a fact.

to just say he has no chance because we don’t have an update on him is insane
The USHL combine is what it is, a bunch of midget guys vying to get drafted.

It’s not insane to say that a sub 5’5 guy with relevant play has no chance of being drafted, there’s maybe 1 guy every 5 years. Trey Fix-Wolanski is the only guy since 2010 to be drafted at 5’5 (he was 190 pounds).

Unless you’re playing in a good league, and thriving, you have no chance of being drafted at 5’5 or shorter.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He wasn’t taken in any CHL import draft, so no.
Exactly.. anyone whos saying they "wouldn't mind" wasting a 4th rd pick on him are showing such an insane lack of understanding for what it takes to be an NHL player. Its like of someone tried to sign Pavel Barber just to watch him get murdered his first game

Reactions: Guttersniped

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I think one youtuber, Pavel Barber, made him famous and that's pretty much it.
Is he even playing hockey anymore, anywhere?

What has Iguchi done past year or so?.

He has been playing this year, yes. His games are even available online to watch. But people seem too lazy to do the most basic research.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad