May 25, 2008
Sweden
14allstar_688.jpg

What do you think about this idea?

Last edited:

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Not a fan of Färjestad, so do not care in the slightest. Not sure I'd care if I was a Färjestad fan either.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Why Färjestad? Don't get it. This is just going to annoy people.
With that said, I kind of like the idea. Could be the start of something interesting.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
"– Our goal is to win the SHL, going on a trip to NA at that period of time just doesn't feel right."

Fair enough.. But that is during the Olympics, am I right? Understandable that they don't want to lose focus of what is important. But then again it couldn't do that much damage to play an AHL All-Star team, could it? Matchups like that usually have a friendly atmosphere.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Fair enough.. But that is during the Olympics, am I right? Understandable that they don't want to lose focus of what is important. But then again it couldn't do that much damage to play an AHL All-Star team, could it? Matchups like that usually have a friendly atmosphere.

Only six games remaining of the regular rounds at that point. Could be six very important games. The finish run is always important to secure home advantage in the playoffs. They dont want to lose focus, I guess. Could've been great fun for the guys though.

And on top of that, if showcasing their pool of talents in NA maybe they wont have that many players left the following season :sarcasm: :)

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
I just don't get the point. Who is supposed to care about this? What are they trying to promote? SHL in America? AHL in Sweden?

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I just don't get the point. Who is supposed to care about this? What are they trying to promote? SHL in America? AHL in Sweden?

Good point.. Playing the game during winter Olympics does not seem like the ideal timeslot for a hockey game of this.. caliber. Atleast not if you want to bring some attention to it.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I Think it actually is to promote the AHL in Sweden yes. Viasat hockey / kanal 10 might buy the right for the game. For example.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
I Think it actually is to promote the AHL in Sweden yes. Viasat hockey / kanal 10 might buy the right for the game. For example.

Outside of lockout seasons, why would anyone in Sweden want to watch AHL? :laugh: League with games that start on terrible times for us, with less quality than SHL.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Outside of lockout seasons, why would anyone in Sweden want to watch AHL? :laugh: League with games that start on terrible times for us, with less quality than SHL.

Well, I dont know. Hockey/sports nuts that watch anything. Personally I wouldnt mind watch a Grand Rapids game or two...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

I for one have a connection to an AHL team due to it being the farm team to my NHL team. I have no connection to any SHL team.

Not that I find this particular game to be anything special.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
AHL All-Stars vs SHL All-Stars would have had my interest but this is just a big "meeh". I really couldn't care less to be honest, I'm glad Luleå didn't particepate in this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad