Extra long sticks?

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
Anyone know if any companies make longer composities than the average stick.

Im 6,6 and dont like putting in a butt-end as i feel it screws with the physics of the stick and lowers the flex a lot.

Jose Corvo*

Im 6,6 and dont like putting in a butt-end as i feel it screws with the physics of the stick and lowers the flex a lot.

I'm only 6' but I play defense and like to use a long stick. I can't find any composites at retail that are long enough so I've stuck to using wooden Sher-Woods, uncut.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
How stiff do you want and how long? I think all companies have a 60" stick and the max in the rulebook is like 63". You might just need to get a extra stiff stick or shaft and add in a extension to get the normal flex.

I think the longest listed woodie is like 62", which is a one60 I do believe.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2006
I'm 6'2" and also use uncut wooden SherWoods, I get them as long as possible, usually about my height.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
im 6'4", i have found that tapered shafts end up being a bit longer than standards, and not just because of the nature of tapered shafts. right now i have a warrior shaft and blade and its as tall as anything ive ever had. its longer than my easton ultra lite w/focus flex plus a 6 and a half inch butt end. it measures 68 and a half inches with a four inch butt end. warriors tapered blades are longer than the others, along with a 53 inch shaft (eastons tapered are 52). i use a low lie blade (smyth), and that affects the height a bit. i think other companies might make even longer tapered shafts, but im not sure. i believe bauer and ccm both make pretty long standard shafts.

after adjusting to tblfan's standard listed below, the warrior stick and blade is 62 inches.

did some research - bauers tapered AND standard shaft is 54 inches long (according to the catalog anyway). compare to eastons standard shaft of 47 and tapered at 52 you can gain some height there. ccms new tapered shaft is 56 inches, standard at 54. add a focus flex blade/ warrior ak (a bit longer) to a 54 inch standard shaft and youre getting there. a smaller butt end would probably get you where you want to be. ccm's 56 inch taper with a warrior tapered blade would be impressive as well.

Last edited:

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City

www.ballistikhockey.com

The only sticks I use when I'm not in goal. Custom sizing available, prices are good, quality is excellent. Minimum order for a custom size is 6. My friend and I split our last order, he's 6'4", and I'm 6'3". Excellent sticks, highly recommended.

-- George.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Last I heard there was no exception granted in his case. I would have to see some sort of proof on that one....
It's true, he's the only player who has been granted allowance for a longer stick. They were talking about it last time he was in the hardest shot competition. Not sure the exact length, but he is allowed to use one outside the legal limit.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Last I heard there was no exception granted in his case. I would have to see some sort of proof on that one....

This is the best I can do: link

60" without blade inserted. But go ahead and believe what you want, I'm sure they will tell you again about chara's stick length because I hear it at least 3 times a season; "Chara is a big man, and the only man with a stick longer than the league maximum of 63 inches long... Boston loses again."

Personally, I'm getting tired of hearing about it.

Nov 28, 2006
what's your point? The NHL and most other leagues require a stick no longer than 63"

The stick is measured from the heel of the blade to the end of the shaft.

My point is I have extreme trouble believing that Chara's Stick is 5'5" and that's two inches over the rule that applies to everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad