Extent (Map) of the Panthers fanbase?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Given the arena being in Sunrise and having read comments about there not being many fans in Miami or Miami-Dade County vs. Broward & Palm Beach Counties, I was wondering what the shape of the Panthers fanbase in South Florida was. So, where have posters here known Panthers fans to be from or have seen Panthers fans to be at? I'm not necessarily asking where everyone here is from (don't want to make anyone uncomfortable by making it seem too personal), I just want to know if it is indeed true that the fanbase skews more to the northern part of South Florida or if there are a fair number from Miami or Miami-Dade County. BTW, I have looked up the populations of the counties and cities. Miami is smaller than most people think it is and it makes up a very small percentage of the South Florida population (like 7% of those 3 counties there IIRC), so I have come to think the Sunrise arena is more suited to the population distribution of South Florida than other suburban arenas (e.g. Phoenix has a high concentration of the population. SF Bay Area is basically a three-core metro area and San Jose is the largest there).

Also, how far up the Atlantic coast does the hockey fanbase go? And where does the Panthers fanbase transition to the Lightning fanbase? Glades/Hendry/Collier County? Or is there a no fan's land inbetween? (well yeah, there's the Everglades and all that. I was talking other towns around those counties). How about Charlotte & Lee County? How about the Greater Orlando Area? Does that area tend to lean towards one fanbase or the other, is it mixed, or is it not into hockey?

Why don't you add a poll listing the different counties and out of state as options? It would be interesting to see the results.

Born and raised in Homestead, now live in Enon, Ohio.

Homestead eh? never heard of it...

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Vernon Connecticut. Right outside of Hartford. Minute Whalers left as a child I became a full blown Panthers fan... Only one i know in real life is me :(

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Born and raised near Miami Lakes, so right on the border of Dade and Broward. Out in San Francisco these days though... I make sure to attend Sharks games anytime the Panthers are in town.

Panthers607

Sweden right here. Self-titled #1 Cats fan in this country since '02. Probably the only Cats fan in this country... (I know of a few more actually)

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Oxford/Reading, England.

I'd guess David Attenborough stalking a Panther is as close to a broadcast as we'll get.

Most people i know can locate Florida on a United State map. Penetration is slow my friends.

Rats96Yo

Oct 17, 2006
Coral Springs
about 8 miles from BB&T in Coral Springs. usually takes me 12 minutes since most of drive is on Sawgrass (Atlantic to Ok Pk Blvd).

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This needs out of state options, our board is very diverse. I'm from Toronto, but the family has a house in Port Charlotte, which is Lightning Country.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I lived in Lake Worth / Palm Beach as a kid. Now Finland :(

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Oxford/Reading, England.

I'd guess David Attenborough stalking a Panther is as close to a broadcast as we'll get.

Most people i know can locate Florida on a United State map. Penetration is slow my friends.

Curious, did you attend Oxford? It would be a dream to visit the city of dreaming spires

Last edited:

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Curious, did you attend Oxford? It would be a dream to visit the city of dreaming spires

Are my posts that obviously beautiful :sarcasm:

I didn't go to Oxford. I lack the aptitude or intelligence to have attended Oxford. I do currently work in the city however.

You say beautiful, i say ... a neverending city of 14 yr old European children, with the stray 60 yr old Japanese couple.

Rpbpantherfan

May 16, 2011
WPB
Royal Palm Beach, which is western palm beach county and I have several friends through out Palm Beach county that are Panther fans

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Are my posts that obviously beautiful :sarcasm:

I didn't go to Oxford. I lack the aptitude or intelligence to have attended Oxford. I do currently work in the city however.

You say beautiful, i say ... a neverending city of 14 yr old European children, with the stray 60 yr old Japanese couple.

As always I disagree with everything you have to say;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad