GDT: Expose This!: 6/22 | SCF Game 5 | Boston Bruins @ Chicago Blackhawks| PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbacca08

Jan 17, 2011
LA
Bart should be in if Seids is playing hurt. He has just been terrible out there. I know it won't happen though.

Whatever injury he suffered in the Toronto series is back to haunt him. We all know Seids would be a #1 on most other teams in the league. I understand where Julien is coming from not putting in Bart, but against Chicago I would rather see the speed against their Top line that keeps getting around Seids.

Hopefully Claude "Hunch" Julien see's and does something here.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Not really. :) Wouldn't mind seeing him on the fourth line to start out the game and hopefully that would motivate him.

Seguin is just not good right now. I watched him skate full bore towards a Hawks defenseman as the dman tried to coral the puck. Seguin just waved a stick at the guy and peeled away. Didn't hit him, didnt try to tie him up....it was disappointing He has to be hurt.

Charbacca08

Jan 17, 2011
LA
Also Big Z challenged Bickell going up the ice and he wanted no part of it. I would say this would be a good trade off for Chicago, but Bickell turtled as he should. The exposed comments of Chara have more to do with the poor play of Seids than anything. They should leave him with Johnny and Seids with Ference. Z is a great leader and he will do anything to get this team to a game seven in Chicago.

The Problem with Bickel....watch the first shift on the ice. Bickel, he pulled this crap all night, held onto Chara's stick forcing him away from the play. While Seids is out there clearly injured trying to cover everything. The minute anyone tries to take exception to it to, the refs come swooping in to break them up.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I'll never use injuries as an excuse for a loss should they lose. But I'm darn curious to hear the list of injuries on this B's roster. Mostly curious to hear who isn't hurt.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Quenneville said in his post game interview that Toews will be in the next game-so they haven't lost a significant player. I think they held him out because they didn't need him to win the game. I suspect if we had scored he would have showed up in OT.

In a pivotal, 1-goal game in the SCF I doubt that Q would keep his Selke centre on the bench unless he was just not able to play.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
People are talking about the B's defence not being able to handle the Hawks' speed, and maybe there's some truth to that as far as entering the zone, but the Hawk's aren't scoring off rushes - the goals they're scoring are from the dirty areas around the net. They're getting to pucks, pouncing on rebounds and getting second chances. It's not a speed problem, it's positioning and coverage.

- On the OT winner in game 4, Seids and Chara are both covering the man in front of the net.

- Last night's goals: the first one, Kane is uncovered at the side of the net; on the 2nd one Krejci let him get away.

Now, obviously, the Hawks' speed helps to set those sequences in motion, but better coverage by the B's could have prevented them from cashing in.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
This has been the series of nearly 0 puck luck, it's sort of depressing. Would love to see the B's get a few lucky bounces lead to goals.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Boston cabbies might want to be safe and take Monday night's shift off.. just in case.

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
No excuses lets win game 6 and move on to game 7 it's been a great series to watch and I respect Chicago more,then any other team we have faced. Lets hope they pull it out remember we were down 3 to 2 in the Vancover series too.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Seguin is just not good right now. I watched him skate full bore towards a Hawks defenseman as the dman tried to coral the puck. Seguin just waved a stick at the guy and peeled away. Didn't hit him, didnt try to tie him up....it was disappointing He has to be hurt.

Somethings up with him, his ability to score a big goal or generate himself a scoring chance isn't there. Better not just be lack of motivation, at least he has 6 assists I guess or our board would be going nutty. :shakehead

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
This has been the series of nearly 0 puck luck, it's sort of depressing. Would love to see the B's get a few lucky bounces lead to goals.

How quickly you forget.

Game 4, 1st goal, Saad's skate hits a rut, and his easy clear out pass becomes a shot from the slot for the Bruins and quickly in the net.

Game 4, 3rd goal, Bruins on the PP, wrist shot from the point goes harmlessly over the net, yet bounces back off the glass, hits the top of the net and bounces over the goalies head right to Bergeron, who hits the bouncing puck back over Crawford's head into the net.

The Hawks have dominated the play the last two games. If anything, the scores probably flatter the Bruins.

When you dominate puck possession, you will get more bounces as you simply have the puck more often.

It's only when the Bruins have dominated the face off circle (games 2 and 3) where they have managed to keep the Hawks puck possession game in check.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I was pretty sure that they were going to lose game 5 before it happened, just a feeling. But that's not why I still feel sick this morning, it's not knowing what is happening with Bergeron. If they had just lost last night I would have all the faith in the world that they win in 7. Without Bergeron I really cant see us beating them twice more.

Praying its just a precautionary measure and we get him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad