Line Combos: Expected Defence Pairings

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Other than Hanifin - Andersson, not really a consensus no.

2nd pair will be Tanev and either Kylington or Weegar.
3rd pair will be Zadorov and either Kylington or Weegar.

Kylington missing a few games to start the season also complicate things.

Figure Stone will be the #7 guy eating popcorn most nights.

Reactions: Mazatt

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Is there a consensus yet about what the defence pairings will be to open the season?
Weegar-Tanev
Hanifin-Andersson
Zadorov-Kylington
Mackey/Stone

There’s probably an 85% chance these are the pairs once everyone is back based off camp so far. The first two pairs will either be interchangeable for which one is the 1st pair, but the edge right now probably goes to Weegar-Tanev. Kylington is still dealing with personal issues, and Stone will most likely play the bottom pair until he is back and ready.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Weegar-Tanev
Hanifin-Andersson
Zadorov-Kylington
Mackey/Stone

There’s probably an 85% chance these are the pairs once everyone is back based off camp so far. The first two pairs will either be interchangeable for which one is the 1st pair, but the edge right now probably goes to Weegar-Tanev. Kylington is still dealing with personal issues, and Stone will most likely play the bottom pair until he is back and ready.

I still can't get over how unreal that top 4 looks.
That's also the best bottom pair we've had in quite some time.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
It's crazy. Flames would have a stake for best defense if the were just able to replace one of their top 4 with a bonafide #1 d-man. Instead they traded in their #6 for a potential #1, just insane how a very, very solid top 4 guy like Kylington can get pushed to the bottom pairing and really have no questions about the decision.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
It's crazy. Flames would have a stake for best defense if the were just able to replace one of their top 4 with a bonafide #1 d-man. Instead they traded in their #6 for a potential #1, just insane how a very, very solid top 4 guy like Kylington can get pushed to the bottom pairing and really have no questions about the decision.
I think by the end of this season there won’t be any talk about whether we have a #1 D-man or not with Weegar. The man put up the 44 points last year while only playing power play when Ekblad went down. He is about to get the Sutter boost, and he is going from being the secondary guy on a pair with Ekblad to the primary puckmover with Tanev, who makes everyone he plays with better.

Weegar is about to have a massive year, which is why I’m really praying we lock him up before the season starts. If he takes the role of our PP QB and spends a full year with Tanev, the sky is the limit.

Our two most likely extra defenseman would make a pretty high quality bottom pair for most teams, it’s quite the feat how good our defense is now compared to when Treliving took over.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad