Speculation: Expectations on upcoming road trip NSH-LAK-ANA-SJS

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Is

Is Black Friday a holiday? I know Thanksgiving is Thursday but I wasn't aware Friday was also a holiday.

Certainly not for the retail sector.

More people travel home for thanksgiving weekend than for Christmas

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
For some time, I have been looking at this road trip as the first real test of this team's mettle. This could be the turning point of the season. Do well, there is no stopping them. Do very badly, I think the self doubt starts to creep back into the players' heads and leads to more losses. I will continue with my guarded optimism and predict 4 points.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
For me the results don't even matter that much any more. Obviously wins are way better, but as long as the team keeps playing well is the most important thing. At some point the puck is going to start bouncing the other way and they will lose some games, as long as that doesn't deflate them and they keep working hard and playing their game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There would be nothing wrong with going .500 on this trip and collecting 4 points, especially if one of the wins came against Nashville.

5 points would be great.

I'd be satisfied with that. I think the Nash game is key.

I'm getting hooked on winning though. I want 8 points. :laugh: The 3 West coast teams are all beatable.

Reactions: Ducky10

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
If anyone is doing the West coast trip to follow the team, let us know how it goes!

A buddy and I are going down in January when Jets do SJ and ANA, and making a vacation out of it. Can’t wait to drive the PCH.
Yes, that is an awesome drive enjoy! Before the Ducks game you can go to JT Schmid's Restaurant & Bar, there will be plenty of Jets fans there and it's right across the street from the Honda Center. But go early as it fills up fast.

And anything better than 2 - 2 is fine with me.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I’d be content with 4 points.
Three points would be a bit of a let down.
Two would leave me disappointed.
Six or more and you know this team is for real.

This team is for real regardless of how the next four go.
I'd like to see 5 points.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
2-2 would be fine. More than that and the Jets will really be in a very strong position.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Just a note for the person driving down the PCH - Unfortunately the coastal highway around big sur is closed due to a landslide, so you have to drive inland. It will still be a nice drive but it’s a real shame because that’s a really scenic area

I believe it was opened again a couple of weeks ago but would definitely check.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'd be content with 4 pts but want 6 (losing to Nashville) - we can handle the kings and the other 2.

Mason's likely going to get a start - likely Saturday in SJ - hope he's up for it.

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
After game 1/4 (hardest opponent though) the blender is already out. I'm not gonna get my pitchfork out yet though, lets's see what the blender brings to game 2/4.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm satisfied, it's what I was thinking going in. Tough trip, nothing wrong with .500.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I called the 2-2 just got the winner of last two games wrong. I think the Jets have a different swagger about them this year and that confidence is allowing them to think they have a chance for points every night.

Reactions: Ducky10

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I think we're going to get 4 or 5 points out of this one. The afternoon juju seemed to be better, so I'm hoping the road tour magic is amped as well

Well I got the 4 points part right. I'm ok with 4 but was hoping for 3 wins.

Sure didn't predict Chia Pet skewering a Duck with his stick on Friday though :toothless

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Haven't failed to get six points in any five consecutive games this season. Though they do need to beat Minnesota now to keep that up.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Expected 5pts, got 4. At least it wasn't a completely barren wasteland of points that this trip usually is. :laugh:

As mcpw states: one more win gets us our 6 in 5 number from the last 5 games, so Go Jets!

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad