Expectations for Kuznya in VHL

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
They just signed solid VHL goalie Andrei Litvinov today. What should they shoot for?

Fans will enjoy seeing winning hockey, even at a lower level.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Minimal.

Against lower competition, they'd be decent, especially against Kazakhstan teams aside from Torpedo, but VHL is a Russian league, by far, and I guess Kuznya will have the exact same problems they had in KHL.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Lyamkin and Yazkov left for Ak Bars, so that's not good.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Minimal.

Against lower competition, they'd be decent, especially against Kazakhstan teams aside from Torpedo, but VHL is a Russian league, by far, and I guess Kuznya will have the exact same problems they had in KHL.

What exactly do you mean? There are just two Kazakhstani teams in the VHL, both of them being top teams in the league.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
What exactly do you mean? There are just two Kazakhstani teams in the VHL, both of them being top teams in the league.

Judging by his reasoning, it looks like he interestingly thinks all Russian teams are at the same level. But Kuznya is also a Russian team... Mind blown.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Zinovyov has never been shy and not as a GM.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Wat?

Saryarka was by far the richest VHL team last season. That's among other confusing things about your post.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Judging by his reasoning, it looks like he interestingly thinks all Russian teams are at the same level. But Kuznya is also a Russian team... Mind blown.

No, I meant that the only time they ever won anything was a preseason championship in Kazakhstan.

But, here's the thing; in the KHL, Kuznya were the bottomfeeders, and never once made the postseason or even had a winning record. What do you think that'll change in VHL?

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
No, I meant that the only time they ever won anything was a preseason championship in Kazakhstan.

But, here's the thing; in the KHL, Kuznya were the bottomfeeders, and never once made the postseason or even had a winning record. What do you think that'll change in VHL?

They may do bad in the VHL too, but they won't be facing Kovalchuk, Mozyakin, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad