Expansion MLS St Louis announces team name

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Soccer teams are historically called something like that, so while we are used to "creative" team names in NA, its not the case overseas.

A part of me wishes the MLS still used the creative names from the 1990s as opposed to this "keeping up with the Joneses" strategy.

Suddenly, the New England Revolution look antiquated with the same logo they've had for 25 years.

Reactions: HisIceness

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
A part of me wishes the MLS still used the creative names from the 1990s as opposed to this "keeping up with the Joneses" strategy.

Suddenly, the New England Revolution look antiquated with the same logo they've had for 25 years.

Recent teams like Portland, Seattle and Vancouver have at least mixed in a "different name"

But the keeping top with the Joneses strategy has obviously worked out well for the MLS and I think its being taken more seriously as a result.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Recent teams like Portland, Seattle and Vancouver have at least mixed in a "different name"

But the keeping top with the Joneses strategy has obviously worked out well for the MLS and I think its being taken more seriously as a result.
No it isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->