Speculation: Expansion draft

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
There is a lot of discussion that Abdelkader, Helm, Ericsson, and Kronwall could be exposed but I want to take a look at this from the Ken Holland perspective.

We know that Nielsen and Zetterberg will be protected. I'd assume Mantha, Nyquist and AA will also be protected.

I think Holland will be comfortable exposing Sheahan, Glendening and Bertuzzi leaving one quesion: Which two of Helm, Abdelkader or Tatar get protected? Tatar is a solid player with offensive prowess but Holland dished out 45 million to keep Helm and Abby around. I'd guess he protects Tatar and begrudgingly exposes one of his golden boys but I wonder if Holland actually wants out of the Helm or Abdelkader contracts.

I have similar apprehensions about the Defence. It is likely that Green and Dekeyser will be protected but again I wonder if Holland truly wants to "get out" of the Ericsson or Kronwall contracts. Could he actually protect one of the old Swedes over the entire young trifecta of Sproul, Jensen and Ouellet?

If this indeed is how Holland sees things playing out it might be worthwhile to aggressively shop Tatar at the TDL.

Tatar and Ouellet would be affordable pieces for a contender to add for a playoff run. Could they be packaged to a contender to return a 1st/2nd round pick and/or a top prospect prospect?

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
If you want to look at it from a KH angle get ready to send picks to LV to stay away from players they probably wouldnt want anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->