Expansion draft help request

Expansion draft protection list. You can only protect 1 player

• Total voters

mksee

May 31, 2002
Woburn
I am in a APBA keeper league and need to finalize my protection list. We are allowed to carry 31 players year to year. I have a team in rebuild mode with McDavid, Matthews, Kuznetsov, Pasta and a bunch of warm bodies.

The APBA game simulates using last seasons stats. This years stats will be used to produce next falls rating set. So Fischer as a PK forward might have value next season and Lauzon with his PK minutes could be useful as well. That would be for next years game simulation. This is a keeper league so I am looking for guidance for who to keep long term. In the simulator skating speed and Defense ratings seem to be most important. The league I am in limits the number of players under control to 31. So rookies need to get good fast or be replaced in subsequent drafts. All 3 players have had promising moments.

I have 2 protection spots to fill. I plan to use one on Radulov because I feel he has higher value as a future trade asset. I have one spot left and need to choose between 3 players. Who would you protect and why?

Fischer
Lauzon
Bjork
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

mksee

May 31, 2002
Woburn
59 views and one vote by me. What does it take to click a mouse a couple times.....

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Because we don’t know your stat categories, roster depth requirements ...

They’re all mid-20s players who haven’t been especially relevant yet and are unlikely to break through. You’re unlikely to have any major regrets losing any of them. If plus minus is a category I’d keep the Bruin in Lauzon if only because he’s less likely to be a minus player. But there not much to be gained or lost here no matter what you choose.

Reactions: mksee and HansonBro

mksee

May 31, 2002
Woburn
Thank you tmg for the reply.

The APBA game simulates using last seasons stats. This years stats will be used to produce next falls rating set. So Fischer as a PK forward might have value next season and Lauzon with his PK minutes could be useful as well. That would be for next years game simulation. This is a keeper league so I am looking for guidance for who to keep long term. In the simulator skating speed and Defense ratings seem to be most important. The league I am in limits the number of players under control to 31. So rookies need to get good fast or be replaced in subsequent drafts. All 3 players have had promising moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->