HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Evans is still developing. He shows the potential to be a solid 3C. Why wouldn't Seattle be interested in that if the Habs are dumb enough to expose him?

We'll see.. It depends on what is available from other teams. If Seattle has better options at D and G from other teams, they very well might select Evans (assuming he's exposed for the sake of argument). Personally I think Seattle would be more interested in established players like a 1B G (Allen) or #4D (Chiarot) than a #4C. I think the former two have more value in a vacuum and ultimately that would make them more attractive to Seattle.

All Star John Scott

Jan 17, 2016
I wouldn't give anything. Again, how f***ed up is Price's contract is where we need to give millions to a backup and now give more assets to keep him ?

Get rid of Price at all cost instead.
I love asking a question and getting a question in response! You cant name a realistic scenario where Price gets dealt.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
We'll see.. It depends on what is available from other teams. If Seattle has better options at D and G from other teams, they very well might select Evans (assuming he's exposed for the sake of argument). Personally I think Seattle would be more interested in established players like a 1B G (Allen) or #4D (Chiarot) than a #4C. I think the former two have more value in a vacuum and ultimately that would make them more attractive to Seattle.

It has been established that there won't be much in terms of centers available for Seattle. So if Ron Francis and his team evaluate that Jake Evans has solid 3rd line upside, they might as well take him. He's young, cheap and improving. There will be plenty of other goalies to take as well as #4 dmen like Chiarot available elsewhere.

Though, the Habs might protect Evans anyway

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
There is no rule where the Habs have to use all seven of their protection slots for the forwards. Byron and Drouin can be exposed, as could Lehkonen if he is either qualified or re-signed. They only need to have two forwards made available, and they have three to pick from that they can easily expose.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
There is no rule where the Habs have to use all seven of their protection slots for the forwards. Byron and Drouin can be exposed, as could Lehkonen if he is either qualified or re-signed. They only need to have two forwards made available, and they have three to pick from that they can easily expose.

It would be foolish not to use up all your protected slots

And it's not 100% that Drouin is left unprotected

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I love asking a question and getting a question in response! You cant name a realistic scenario where Price gets dealt.
There are several, we can retain and trade Price somewhere... He'll lift his NMC, if Fleury did it with a Stanley Cup champion team, Price can do it with that shit ass team.

I'd do that way before giving anything up to keep a backup.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Why? Exposing players like Byron, Drouin, and possibly Weber and Price could leave Seattle with some pretty unattractive options. If they take one because there aren't better options, it helps the Habs clear a high contract.

Even if they wanted to do that, they would probably try to fill in those protected slots by acquiring extra players from other teams (players that they can't protect) for cheap

There would surely be at least one attractive player that could be had for a late pick, and that the Habs could protect

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
As far as leaving all those players unprotected at the same time (Drouin, Weber, Price) that seems very un-Bergevin like lol and would probably piss off the ones that would stay here (since Seattle can only take one). Don't think that's gonna happen

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Why? Exposing players like Byron, Drouin, and possibly Weber and Price could leave Seattle with some pretty unattractive options. If they take one because there aren't better options, it helps the Habs clear a high contract.

Even if they wanted to do that, they would probably try to fill in those protected slots by acquiring extra players from other teams (players that they can't protect) for cheap

There would surely be at least one attractive player that could be had for a late pick, and that the Habs could protect

You can protect UFA players.

They could go Anderson, Danault, Gallagher, Tatar, Toffoli, Armia and KK if they want.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Right now, my guess is:
Anderson, Drouin (possibly traded after exp draft), Toffoli, Gallagher, Lehkonen, KK, Evans
Weber, Edmundson, Petry
Price

Likely picks: Allen, Chiarot, Fleury
Outside FA pick chance (Seattle has a 48h window to discuss with UFAs and pick them if they sign a deal): Danault, Tatar, Armia

I think if we are to trade Drouin, it is way better to do it post-draft since some teams may not want one more forward to protect (especially teams going 4-4-1) so we probably can get more post-draft.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I think Seattle would be foolish to take Allen as there are plenty of G options. I believe it will be one of Chiarot, Edmundson or Evans.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Seattle would be foolish to take Allen as there are plenty of G options. I believe it will be one of Chiarot, Edmundson or Evans.

Evans makes mummy protection list, even if we sign/protect Phil and Tatar:

Kk, Anderson, Toffoli, Gallagher, Tatar, Phil, Evan's
(Suzuki, Caufi err LD exempt).

I'd rather lose Drouin (if only), Byron, or even Lehkonen, or Armia, than Evans.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

I'd rather lose Drouin (if only), Byron, or even Lehkonen, or Armia, than Evans.
No need to protect either since they’re both UFAs - if they sign agree on a deal and officially sign them after the expansion draft.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No need to protect either since they’re both UFAs - if they sign agree on a deal and officially sign them after the expansion draft.

Yeah, I was saying even if they're signed first, I still protect Evan's. I.e. Evan's is getting protected if it's up to me.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Who are your top 2 goalies?

If we wanted to keep Chiarot and Edmundson, we could protect Petry, Eddy, Chiarot. Does Weber (with say 50% retained over the next 2 years)have higher trade value than Chiarot? If so, that may entice Seattle to take Weber. But I don't think he DC does. Any

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Drouin gone will happen.....to Seattle, another team or retirement.
Can we protect PD and Tuna? They are ufa's?

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA

We are protecting Evans and Edmunston. Seattle will have to pick between Allen, Chiarot and Drouin. The other alternative is a deal that would move Price or Weber to Seattle, but that's very unlikely. I think they pick Allen.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
We are protecting Evans and Edmunston. Seattle will have to pick between Allen, Chiarot and Drouin. The other alternative is a deal that would move Price or Weber to Seattle, but that's very unlikely. I think they pick Allen.

I would think they take the chance on Drouin. You can find another goalie like Allen but someone on the wing like Drouin no way. Sure they're an enormous risk but if he can bounce back Seattle would be the exact place, he could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->