Value of: Expansion Cousins

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
The Buffalo Sabres need a top 9 rw and the nucks need cap space. What would the nucks want in return? 24 5th and 25 2nd? You guys could get Joker if you need d but as a young rhd he has more value than garland so you guys would have to add.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Not a bad offer, but I feel like nucks fans like what they have in Garland and would try and save cap other ways

archangel2

May 19, 2019
The Buffalo Sabres need a top 9 rw and the nucks need cap space. What would the nucks want in return? 24 5th and 25 2nd? You guys could get Joker if you need d but as a young rhd he has more value than garland so you guys would have to add.
a 5th rounder does not have much value

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
The only winger that isn't playing up to his cap hit is Mikheyev. If you want him, you can have him. He's a net zero player. Doesn't hurt you defensively but is a black hole offensively.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The only winger that isn't playing up to his cap hit is Mikheyev. If you want him, you can have him. He's a net zero player. Doesn't hurt you defensively but is a black hole offensively.
Mikheyev's play imho is 100% the effect of his recovery from his torn ACL he's looked oodles better the last couple of weeks and even tho his points have come yet, he's exactly the kind of winger you want in key defensive moments

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Well we need a guy that's good on offense as well what if we threw Rosen your way along with another 2nd?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Agreed, our other wings (Boeser, Hoglander, Joshua, Garland, Podkolzin, Lafferty, Suter) are all adequate or better, whereas Mikheyev is in a down season.

Re: OP, how about Mikheyev for Greenway? Jordan's not the most consistent but we like his physical potential (he might not always score power forward goals but at least he can lay a big hit or two).

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Re: OP, how about Mikheyev for Greenway? Jordan's not the most consistent but we like his physical potential (he might not always score power forward goals but at least he can lay a big hit or two).

Sabres need more players like Greenway, not less.

Assuming he'd waive his NTC to come here, what's the price on Mikheyev by himself?

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Agreed, our other wings (Boeser, Hoglander, Joshua, Garland, Podkolzin, Lafferty, Suter) are all adequate or better, whereas Mikheyev is in a down season.

He is a fixture to our current bottom six forward corps it would hurt in a one for one swap

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Well we need a guy that's good on offense as well what if we threw Rosen your way along with another 2nd?
We've got guys that are "good on offense" coming out our ears. And mouth. And eyeballs. Basically, they're coming out of every pore in our body.

We need defensively sound guys that can cover for our "good on offense" guys that have no idea what they're doing in their own end.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
We've got guys that are "good on offense" coming out our ears. And mouth. And eyeballs. Basically, they're coming out of every pore in our body.

We need defensively sound guys that can cover for our "good on offense" guys that have no idea what they're doing in their own end.
I was more thinking for our 3rd line next year which most likely will be skinner-krebs-xxx. Garland brings the best of both worlds and could be the glue on that line and we can see skinner pop in 30 goals from the 3rd ĺine and help Krebs reach a new level.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Sabres need more players like Greenway, not less.

Assuming he'd waive his NTC to come here, what's the price on Mikheyev by himself?
Frankly I'm not sure if I'd want to move him for anything else (we could use a 2nd but then, presuming Mikheyev rebounds in his play when healthy, we'd need to trade for, sign or draft a top-9 wing who's tough to play against due to his speed to replace him). At this point/ in his max value he'd probably get a 2nd, and if the Sabres have another tough year that 2nd could be a late 1st? However, we'd still be looking for an asset like what Tuch grew into for you guys after you traded for him, but it seems like you don't have that. The reason I'm saying that is because we're near ready to contend and a big body with skill like Greenway who can contend would be just what the hockey gods ordered for us to succeed IMO.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I was so confused by the OP calling Jokiharju young but apparently he's only 24

I would have sworn he must be like in his 30s by now with how long ago he got traded

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If this is the best offer we could get, I think I would take it. Garland is underrated but we have other players that we should use that cap space on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad