GDT: Exhibition game - Canada Vs Russia

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
I'm most interested in seeing Mercer as a Devils fan, but it seems like he has been the odd man out. What are the chances he plays tonight?

Imagine everyone will play - though how much is another story. Skinner, Berard, Moynihan and the rest of the bubble guys played last night for the USA. I would guess Canada will do the same.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The order of finish last year decided it I believe
Yes. Last year's finish determines this year's divisions.

Canada will likely get 12 points and hopefully have an easy quarter final opponent. After the quarters, they reseed (IIRC) and Canada will likely face the 3rd place team from the other division in the semis.

My guess : Canada's quarter / semi final opponents (assuming we win in the quarters) will be the Czechs and the Swedes.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I expect Canada won’t look great this game due to lack of game action. They’re lucky that the group is so weak, they’ll still win the group while shaking off the rust, and they’ll be ready to compete once the elimination games start

Good to expect that .. I think Larionov is trying to implement new systems as well so we may see some extra thinking going on from the Russians as well... Really looking forward to it. Russians should have an advantage having played , but Canada is very deep and talented so we'll see how it works out.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Rare that an exhibition game could be one of the games of the tourney but in this version of the event..... this could be one of those games.

I don’t care it’s a bunch of beer leaguers playing in the parking lot, if it’s Canada v Russia it’s on and poppin’.

Excited for this to start, only another hour to go.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Russia has the edge over every team in goal. US is solid too in net. Canada, not so sure
For the record, Canada isn’t necessarily bad in goal, just a bit of an unknown. Kind of like last year... when we ended with the tournament Top Goaltender award.

Reactions: Tyson

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
received_404632934081826.jpeg

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
levi was only playing juinor a.... ummm should this be worrying? isn't he even in the chl 0.0?

Reactions: Korg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->