Exhibition Game Canada-Finland U-20 (Dec.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
What the hell is Komarov doing in the second line? Tolvanen can suck my sykkivää.

What do you mean? He was one of the better players today? Right behind Osala out of the Finnish forwards in my opinion...

EDIT: Better question would be "What the hell are Lehtonen and Joensuu doing on this team?" if they continue to play like that...

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
What do you mean? He was one of the better players today? Right behind Osala out of the Finnish forwards in my opinion...

EDIT: Better question would be "What the hell are Lehtonen and Joensuu doing on this team?" if they continue to play like that...

Komarov is more like a grinder than second line center. I think Lehterä should be in second line.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Komarov is more like a grinder than second line center. I think Lehterä should be in second line.

Well, first of all, (at least today) all the lines played quite evenly so it doesn't really matter what number the line is.

Second of all, Lehterä had Sopanen and Sandell on his wings so I think that line is more of a scoring line than a defensive line.

Komarov's line is pretty balanced with Enlund and Joesuu as his wings (or at least would be if Jesse played his best and not lazy like today)

The same goes with the Osala - Lahti - Kantola line which at least today worked pretty good in both ends.

espo*

Sheesh, give the kid a break. Franson is new to all of this and he's only 19 years old. He's playing for Team Canada for the first time and then you add in traveling all the way to Sweden and playing on the bigger rinks under a ton of pressure - it's not surprising if he's nervous. He's a smart kid, he'll settle down. Better he makes his mistakes and gets over his nerves in the exhibition games - that's what they're for.

I know he's new and i'm behind the guy 100%.I realise it's not easy and he's going to be nervous and his play can reflect that at times. I am just trying to say that if a guy continues to show difficulties in adjusting that the coaches will have to keep an eye on that and maybe limit his ice-time accordingly.It's a tough tournament with the speed and level of play and some players can just not be ready for it,it is not a black mark on the kid at this stage at all........just reality.We have a job to do over here and it needs to be done,the competition is too strong to ignore struggles of one particular player.My hope is that Franson can weather the upcoming challenges and contribute because he is a young man who wants to play his very best.Even if he can't do that i still respect the kid.............very few people have the God given ability to even be in a tournament like this,on that alone i respect him.It's just that if he can't settle down and play the game the way he is capable of playing here he'll have to be watched and handled accordingly.

Here is to hoping he can do it.I'm always 100% behind our players.

The responsibilty is to win however,Franson himself knows that.

It may have come across different but that's all i'm trying to say.

Joretus

TOurnament hasnt started yet and the excuses are already coming out.

Well that's nothing compared to what he said before "Finland will have hard time to get trough group stage" or something like that. Great coach we have.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Sounds like Canada played a pretty good game. As long as they keep on getting better as each game passes they will be fine.

What were the lines for Canada and what were the defensive pairings?

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Well that's nothing compared to what he said before "Finland will have hard time to get trough group stage" or something like that. Great coach we have.

That comment really pissed me off too, a coach should lie a bit, now he is just giving the players a permission to lose.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Bull ****. Doing sprints on international ice will wear on anyone.

its not directed at any one person well maye towards our little Russian Friends (you know who), but i've been around this board for 4 years around WJC time now, and i know this place becomes a whine. excuse, grasping at straws place during this tournament.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Rask had a tough game
Price was solid

Alzner.. this kid will be sick
Gagner was kinda quit
Downie was reall good
Cogs was awesome

JRock

Apr 4, 2005
Spruce Grove, AB
Team Canada 2007 World Junior Roster Banners

I made these banners of the 2007 World Junior Canadian Team as part of my web design course I did this in photoshop. Pls tell me what you think of it.

teamcanadarosterbanner4.jpg

teamcanadarosterbanner5copy.jpg

teamcanadarosterbanner6.jpg

teamcanadarosterbanner7.jpg

teamcanadarosterbanner8.jpg

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
its not directed at any one person well maye towards our little Russian Friends (you know who), but i've been around this board for 4 years around WJC time now, and i know this place becomes a whine. excuse, grasping at straws place during this tournament.

If you don't like it, I don't think a comment like the one you made are helping. The finnish poster just said there had been flu on their team, nobody were trying to take anything away from a great Canada team.

You guys completly dominates at this stage, why don't you be a little humble?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just to clarify, Tolvana said that half the team has went through stomach flu and he hoped that the other half went through it before the tournament as well.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
jrock urock

Like your banners very much. :clap:
Some of the background that you left in is interesting like Carey Price's flat head, Alzner's "Spock" ear, and Marchand's mohawk.
It looks like a fun course and that you're combining it with your interest in hockey is good idea.

ARS

Apr 26, 2004
Ottawa
I don't wanna be mean, but you're banners kind of look...amateurish. But they are a good effort, especially since you're probably just beginning to use photoshop, so I would say keep at it and you could be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->