Exhibition: CZE vs. SVK Dec. 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
If anyone is going to this game or watching or listening, could you update us on the game? Thanks a lot.

Also, specifically, if anyone is actually going to see this game, as I think it starts in 2 hours out there, could you tell me how Kaspar, Olesz, Lojek, and Tuma looked? Thanks. :)

svetovy poharu

Dec 7, 2004
Here's the CZE lineup and combinations for ex. game vs. SVK in Moorhead MN,
from hokej.cz

Kvapil/Vrana/Olesz
Hrdel/M. Polak/Hluchy
Frolik/Petruzalek/Krejci
Borovansky/Cervenka/Kohler

D: Smid/Smach/Lojek/Bolf/R. Polak/Gulasi/Tuma

G: Schwarz/Cech/Koutsky

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
The night off is a possibility most likely. I didn't hear anything about him getting hurt.

Is it possible on any sites (Canoe.ca, sportsnet, etc...) to get live scores of this game? If it's only exhibition, prolly not, also is there any radio feed for it?

ndhockey21

Aug 1, 2004
North Dakota
I was at the game. Czechs win 3-2. There were no rosters and Slovakia had names on the back of the jerseys Czech didnt so I was kinda lost on names.

svetovy poharu

Dec 7, 2004
ČESKÃ REPUBLIKA - SLOVENSKO 4:2 (0:1, 2:0, 2:1).
Moorhead, MN
Scoring: CZE: 29. Frolík (Petružálek), 33. Kvapil (Olesz, Červenka), 43. M. Polák (Hrdel), 60. Vrána - SVK: 20. Valábik (Markovič), 58. Bulík.
Referee: Smith (USA).
Penalties: CZE 8 x 2=16 SVK 6 x 2=12
PPG: CZE 1, SVK 0
Att: 1800.

Lineups:
Česká republika: GK: Schwarz (31. Koutský) - DEF: Å míd, Å mach, R. Polák, GulaÅ¡i, Lojek, Bolf, Tůma - FWD LINES: Kvapil, Vrána, Olesz - Frolík, Petružálek, Krejčí - Hrdel, M. Polák, Hluchý - Borovanský, Červenka, Kohler. Coaches: Hadamczik and Trličík.

Slovensko: GK: Halák (31. Novotný) - DEF: Sekera, MikuÅ¡, Sersen, Líška, Valábik, Bodnár, navíc HruÅ¡ka, Baranka - FWD LINES: Gráčik, Olvecký, Markovič - Jenčík, Bulík, Fábry - Segla, HaÅ¡čák, Kútny, navíc Ružička. Coaches: Gregor and Fruhauf.

svetovy poharu

Dec 7, 2004
Just as the tournament slogan promised, the world did come. Team Belarus, the Canadian coaching staff, a Finnish scout and Dave Christian, a member of Team USA in 1979, were among the 1,400 people at Moorhead Sports Center Thursday for an exhibition between Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

The Czechs won 4-2, scoring an empty-net goal in the final 50 seconds while at a two-man disadvantage.

Although they politely applauded the action, most spectators were as neutral as the ice between the blue lines. And how was the hockey?

"If this is an example of what we'll see the next couple of weeks, we'll see some great hockey," Christian said. Not that Thursday's exhibition finale felt less than real.

Slovakia took a 1-0 lead with 2 seconds left in the opening period. Six-foot-7 defenseman Boris Valabik, the 10th pick in the 2004 draft, collected the puck following a faceoff and fired a wrister past Czech Republic goalie and 17th overall pick, Marek Schwarz.

However, the Czech Republic, which will open the preliminary round against Belarus at 4 p.m. Saturday in Thief River Falls, answered with three consecutive goals.
Vrana tallied the fourth after Slovakia pulled within 3-2 in the final 3 minutes.

Slovakia, which will meet tournament favorite Canada in its first preliminary game at 3:38 p.m. Saturday in Grand Forks, finished 0-2 in exhibitions.
The Czech Republic went 1-0-1.

"We knew we had to be really patient," said Valabik, who plans to join the Atlanta Thrashers next season. "You can't really play open ice against this team because they can hurt you. We tried to wait for their mistakes. It was a good game."

One that got chippy late.
Seven penalties were called in the third period. Valabik and Czech Republic star Rostislav Olesz, the 7th pick in last year's draft, traded shoves on the ice and words in the penalty box. But afterward, the teams -- unlike many spectators -- shared a common language and submarine sandwiches.

"A lot of the guys know each other," said Vrana, a speedy center who signed with the New Jersey Devils in May. "We play on the same team or in the same league, but on the ice you have no brother."

FIRST PERIOD: 1, Slovakia, Valabik (Markovic) 19:58.

SECOND PERIOD: 2, Czech Republic, Frolik (Petrozalek, Gulaji) 28:18. 3, Czech Republic, Cervenka (Kvapil, Olesz) 32:36.

THIRD PERIOD: 4, Czech Republic, M. Polak (Hrdel) 42:31. 5, S, Bulik 57:10. 6, Czech Republic, Vrana 59:56 (sh, en).

SAVES: Czech Republic, Schwarz 12-4-x--16, Kovtsky x-4-5--9. Slovakia, Halak 11-5-x--16, Novotny 3-8--11.

Googa

Jun 3, 2004
Saguenay
No I'm a Chicoutimi Fan and Lascek and Zaggy leave the team last wesnesday. But Zagrapan is still injured but he was suppose to be ready. Lascek is 100%

Sorry my english is pretty poor.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Googa said:
No I'm a Chicoutimi Fan and Lascek and Zaggy leave the team last wesnesday. But Zagrapan is still injured but he was suppose to be ready. Lascek is 100%

Sorry my english is pretty poor.

Your english is perfect. I am from Dolbeau, so I get to watch a little of Sags games too. Welcome to the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad