Exhibition: Aug 26 GDT - Germany vs. Finland (2-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
3-2 Germany

I really think Finland is the most overated team in this tournament. I like their Kipper, Vesa, and Lehtanin in net but who in the hell is gonna score goals for them. Their game vs Swedan was forshadowing for this tournament. They simply wont score eonough but they will always be in the Games. No one including Canada will blow them out.

Jokanin for finland
Sturm , Marcel Goc (2) for germany

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
sharkyz15 said:
I really think Finland is the most overated team in this tournament. I like their Kipper, Vesa, and Lehtanin in net but who in the hell is gonna score goals for them. Their game vs Swedan was forshadowing for this tournament. They simply wont score eonough but they will always be in the Games. No one including Canada will blow them out.
While I agree that Finns don't have that much goal scorers, don't forget that Selänne and Lehtinen didn't ply against Sweden. They both can add pretty much to the offense. It still doesn't remove the problem of scoring though.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
sharkyz15 said:
I really think Finland is the most overated team in this tournament.
Not by my book, the favourites definetly are Canada, USA and Sweden. Czechs, Russians, Slovaks or Fins can surprice. I think Germans would of had better chance in NA group, because they usually compete better against Canada or USA. Now, they have to face the fastest & the most skillfull teams of Europe. Of course i hope that in WC will surprice Czechs or Swedes! (hope i´m making some sense here)

Todays game result will be boring 3 - 1 for finns, hoping to see lot of good hockey action!

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
This should be a good game. The Germans have looked good and I think the Fins are under-rated. Either Germany will step up and show that they are a solid team or Finland put them in their place.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Stats after 1st period.

1-0 Peltonen
1-1 Hecht (Goc)

Saves:

Kiprusoff: 6
Kölzig: 9

Penalties:

FIN 3 x 2 min = 6min
GER 2 x 2 min = 4 min

Last edited:

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Shack said:
Stats after 1st period.

1-0 Peltonen
2-0 Hecht (Goc)

Saves:

Kiprusoff: 6
Kölzig: 9

Penalties:

FIN 3 x 2 min = 6min
GER 2 x 2 min = 4 min

Should that not be 1-0 Peltonen, and 1-1 Hecht?

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
MrMastodonFarm said:
Suprised to see Kiprusoff in again for Finland. I thought Lehtonen woudl get the start.

Well it's the last exhibition game before the "real" games and Miikka is the starter at WC games so now is the last time to get some touch.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
3-2 Jokinen (Timonen) pp
4-2 Peltonen (Jokinen)

Seems like Peltonen-Jokinen duo cotinues to play well together :handclap:

gib

Feb 3, 2004
3.31 1-0 Ville Peltonen PP
13.04 1-1 Hecht (Goc)
31.34 1-2 Schubert (Erhoff) pp
36.10 2-2 Jokinen (Peltonen, T.Ruutu)
53.10 3-2 Jokinen (Timonen) pp
55.40 4-2 Peltonen (T.Ruutu)

Kipru 6+9+4=18
Kölz 9+8+11=28

FIN 8x2min
GER 6x2min

edit: Jep, Seems like T.Ruutu assisted last goal. Earlier yle text tv showed that it was Jokinen.

Last edited:

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Shack said:
Well it's the last exhibition game before the "real" games and Miikka is the starter at WC games so now is the last time to get some touch.
Fair enough, how has he looked as your starer ?

Also, did Lydman play today? I noticed he was a scratch last night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->