Exhibition: Aug 23 GDT - Finland vs. Czech Republic (1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
SopelFan said:
What is osobní trest?

I can't find a decent translation of it. Whatever it is Ruutu got 10 of it. (Misconduct?)
A personal penalty (the player is 10 minutes in the box and then he can play again.)

Edit: There was a fight between Fischer and Aki Berg. They say that Fischer won.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I attended my first hockey game today.

Well, what can I say? Both teams sucked, and even if the Czechs played better, Finland's powerplay was like 4 times better than the Czechs.

I'm disappointed that Sykora hit the post ...

The game was OK, but if they play like this, none of these teams will make it far! :shakehead

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
wilka91 said:
I attended my first hockey game today.

Well, what can I say? Both teams sucked, and even if the Czechs played better, Finland's powerplay was like 4 times better than the Czechs.

I'm disappointed that Sykora hit the post ...

The game was OK, but if they play like this, none of these teams will make it far! :shakehead

Did you see the fight? I'm still trying to figure out what happened there. :D

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
colonel_korn said:
That's not hard to believe. :joker:

There doesn't seem to be a penalty listed for Berg in the boxscore I was looking at though. :dunno:
Maybe he jumped from behind?

Edit: Fischer got a 5 minute penalty for fighting and Berg got 2 minutes for roughing.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
According to Finnish newspapers Czechs tried to intimidate and gain a physical advantage for the real WC game. Finnish players also said thats how it went but that Czechs failed in what they tried. Jarkko Ruutu said that now the Czechs know it will hurt if they try to stand infront of our goalie. He said something like "Few of them tried but mostly they are chickens". Sounds good :D

Eds

Aug 22, 2004
Helsinki
I didn't even remember this game. I guess I was watching the olympics...

But I'll go and see the Finland-Germany exhibiton on Thursday...already got the tickets.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
psycho_dad said:
According to Finnish newspapers Czechs tried to intimidate and gain a physical advantage for the real WC game. Finnish players also said thats how it went but that Czechs failed in what they tried. Jarkko Ruutu said that now the Czechs know it will hurt if they try to stand infront of our goalie. He said something like "Few of them tried but mostly they are chickens". Sounds good :D
It also said that Ficher KO Berg. And Elias bumped into Lehtonen somehow. Would of been an interesting game.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Birko19 said:
Those who wanna see a pic of Fischer pounding Berg here you go, follow this link:

http://www.leaderboard.com/rodent.htm

It says Berg was taking a run at Zidlicky so Fischer dropped him.

:yo: :yo: :yo:
Posted it before I could get to it. ;)

THAT is how we need Fischer to play in Detroit.

Apparently all fischer hit him with was 2 rights and it was enough to send Berg into turtle mode. Had a fight last year where he KO'd a player with only 2 punches as well. Think he might be taking a few tips from Kocur?

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
PigPen said:
:yo: :yo: :yo:
Posted it before I could get to it. ;)

THAT is how we need Fischer to play in Detroit.

Apparently all fischer hit him with was 2 rights and it was enough to send Berg into turtle mode. Had a fight last year where he KO'd a player with only 2 punches as well. Think he might be taking a few tips from Kocur?

Fischer KO'd Aki Berg. Definitely the next Donald Brashear. :lol

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Jerkini said:
Fischer KO'd Aki Berg. Definitely the next Donald Brashear. :lol

I'm not saying that Fischer is Detroit's next enforcer. Merely that it's good that he's playing with more edge again. Who he KO'd doesn't matter (so long as it's not a guy like Sami Kapanen). It's the fact that he did it.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's pretty easy to go after someone when...

a) It's Aki Berg
b) The next toughest guy on Berg's Bench is the stick boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->