Exhibition: Aug 22 GDT - Sweden vs. Slovakia (2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
12# Peter Bondra said:
Should be a interesting game. I hope we win. Is Forsberg playing though?

not sure. He has told one newspaper (expressen) that he will play, but then again there are reports that he could possibly sit this game. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
2-0 win for Sweden. Not much to say about the play, at least they didn't let in a goal and Tellqvist was solid.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
It should be noted that Forsberg did not play, but expected to play against Finland wednesday. Other Swedish scratches were Tärnström (ill and with a sore knee) and Holmström. Ekman and Bäckman were dressed but did not as far as I could see play. Tellquist was easily man of the match.

It should also be noted that the game was played on a wide surface - the other games in Europe will however be played on NHL-sized rinks, and Sweden has practised on one.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Lineups

Slovakia

Hossa – Demitra- Nagy
Gaborík – Stümpel – Bondra
Šatan – Handzus – Bartecko
Orszagh - M. Hlinka- Radivojevic

Lintner – Chara
Visnovsky – Strbak
Majesky – Suchy
Obsut – Mezei

Lasak

Sweden

Alfredsson – Sundin – Modin
Näslund – Påhlsson - A. Johansson
D. Sedin - H. Sedin – Zetterberg
Axelsson – Jönsson - M. Nilsson

Johnson – Lidström
Ragnarsson – Norström
D. Tjärnqvist – Öhlund

Tellqvist

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Good game Sweden!!!

Is Forsberg gonna play on Friday in Prague? I hope YES!!!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Buya89 said:
how did slovaks play???

okay. The Slovakian forwards had difficulties getting passed the Swedish defense tonight and were several times a bit frustrated (especially Demitra). Hossa had a couple of nice shifts though.

I also thought goalie Staña played well.
You can't tell much from this exhibition game though, a mediocre game with two teams that still have a long way to go before they reach good "game tempo".

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Predatore said:
okay. The Slovakian forwards had difficulties getting passed the Swedish defense tonight and were several times a bit frustrated (especially Demitra). Hossa had a couple of nice shifts though.

I also thought goalie Staña played well.
You can't tell much from this exhibition game though, a mediocre game with two teams that still have a long way to go before they reach good "game tempo".
Once when it was a 4-4, Hossa went by 3 Swedes and shot but Tellqvist saved. IMO Tellqvist saved Sweden from getting a goal cause some saves were great (Demitra in the 1st). He had a few lucky ones though (Bondra mid air shot while Tellqvist didnt know where the puck was and one Swedish D was lying on him).

The 3rd Swedish line was the best line. I agree with Stana. He played better than Lasak (or maybe because we played better in the later stages).

I agree with you on the third part too. Long way till we reach good tempo (or in our case, start shooting goals). we had our chances though.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
think.blue said:
Good clip. Thanks. Was it Satan who Ohlund hit? (I think thats what the announcer said)...

Anyone know where there might be more clips from this game?
Yes, it was Satan.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
kissmeimasensfan said:
In other news, Chara decapitated Pahlsson ;)

Funny

Dunno what was up with that? An old grudge I don't know about?

Chara could have picked a guy his own size, but then again, that isn't easy .)

SopelFan*

Go Canucks Go.

Ohlund with a big hit, Henrik with an assist, Daniel and Naslund with goals. Ah, how it reminds me of the NHL season.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I love how Ohlund stood over Satan like he's some badass Scott Stevens type... then he gets scissor tripped... he WOULD have looked cool.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Apparently Forsberg wanted to play, but the coach did not want to take any risks, and scratched him. Probably the first time ever he has been scratched in the national team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad