Exclusive interview with Landeskog´s agent Peter Wallen

EurolancheDavid

Peter Wallen (*1965) is an NHLPA certified Swedish hockey agent who is a president and a founder of the Alterno Sports Management and also cooperates with the Octagon Hockey in North America. He played in the elite hockey league in Sweden for 10 years and won the championship in 1989 with Djurgarden – the same team that Gabriel Landeskog played during the last lockout for. At the age of 30, he retired of a professional hockey and had started a hockey agent´s career in 1995.

Peter visits Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia, every summer due the famous international hockey tournament – Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup for under-18 player category – that is organized in two cities near to Bratislava. Eurolanche met with Peter in Bratislava and did an exclusive interview that was mainly focused on one of his clients – Landeskog. You can follow Peter on his Twitter - @P_alterno.

What did you do before you became a hockey agent?

I played a hockey until I was thirty. Then I started small steps to helping out some former team members and started to recruit little bid. I was also involving in a financial business, so I was mixing both of that (aspects) for couple of years.

More and video: http://www.eurolanche.com/article.php?id=3374

peter_wallen_david_puchovsky.JPG

Peter Wallen with David Puchovsky of the Eurolanche in Bratislava.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I found it interesting how Wallen addressed the "Las Vegas Conflict" by claiming how Landeskog couldn't stop a player like Giguere from speaking out to the media, rather than how Landeskog should have done the same thing that Giguere had done.

EurolancheDavid

I found it interesting how Wallen addressed the "Las Vegas Conflict" by claiming how Landeskog couldn't stop a player like Giguere from speaking out to the media, rather than how Landeskog should have done the same thing that Giguere had done.

I don´t think Peter would support Landy´s speak to the media in the style of Giguere. They have to solve all kind of problems in the locker room, not on the public. It was a mistake to talk about it and Giguere knows it. I believe this incident will contribute to the better and opened relations in the locker room and that it will improve on-team communication.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
It was a mistake to talk about it and Giguere knows it. I believe this incident will contribute to the better and opened relations in the locker room and that it will improve on-team communication.

These two sentences seem to be opposites. I think it was good that Giggy did it and that Landy didn't though. No need for Landy to call out his teammates when he was having a down year himself (due to many things) and just beginning his captaincy.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Gabriel is on the team that has been his favorite for his whole life, they named him a captain, he loves Denver. There is no reason why it shouldn´t be a long term contract with both sides being very, very pleased.

Yes please!

Also, yet again, big kudos to David and the Eurolanche for giving us a very close, straight-from-the-horse's-mouth perspective on Avs players.

Meanwhile, Dater and Chambers are writing about...The Devils? Their bank? Re-posting stories that others have written?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Airing out dirty laundry in public really isn't a good thing. As fans we might like it because it gives some insight as to what is going on, but those things should really be handled internally. JSG knows that, Landy knows that, the whole team knows that. JSG let his emotions get the best of him, and was in the wrong for saying what he did to the media.

EurolancheDavid

Thank you guys.

Airing out dirty laundry in public really isn't a good thing. As fans we might like it because it gives some insight as to what is going on, but those things should really be handled internally. JSG knows that, Landy knows that, the whole team knows that. JSG let his emotions get the best of him, and was in the wrong for saying what he did to the media.

You are right. I think the same. I am also a journalist so I really welcome any insight and shocking information on any topic, not only the sport. But from the other side of a view, it is not right to speak on the public about team´s problems.

I respect Giguere, he is very good guy and very friendly - I met him many times in Denver after games and he was always smiling and asking us on the fan club. Btw, he was the last player who met us during the last Invasion and he wished us good luck and more kind words.

Probably, the whole atmosphere from the ex-management and ex-coaching staff to the players was not good last year and Giguere felt there had not been other way how to solve it than talk about it on the public...

Does not matter now, we are finally in a real new era with Sakic, Roy and young Kroenke. I do not expect something like that in the next season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Once again, an awesome interview from Eurolanche. You guys really do a great job thinking up who would be a good interview, both well known and lesser known guys, finding them and making it happen, and pumping them out consistently. Much appreciated. :handclap:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good interview.

This guy has some really young clients who have the potential to be stars in the NHL. Landeskog, Hedman, Brodin, Markstrom, Lindholm, etc.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Problems should be discussed internally and not publicly, I agree on that point. However, I don't think JSG was wrong going public. If he never went public, I really don't know if we would've traded SOB. I have no doubt that we still would've got Tanguay for Jones, but instead of SOB it might've been Hunwick or Zanon instead.

Sakic + Roy weren't in charge then and while they might've been aware of something going on, I doubt they would've known how big of a rift it was causing with some of the players.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Some things should be kept out of the media and kept in the locker room. However the team was free falling and few players seemed to care. I like what Giguere did. It needed to be done. Maybe they tried to keep it in the locker room but it wasn't working. We saw that after Jiggy's outburst the team started to pick it up. We need players like Jiggy to do the hard thing sometimes.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Some things should be kept out of the media and kept in the locker room. However the team was free falling and few players seemed to care. I like what Giguere did. It needed to be done. Maybe they tried to keep it in the locker room but it wasn't working. We saw that after Jiggy's outburst the team started to pick it up. We need players like Jiggy to do the hard thing sometimes.

Agreed. Sometimes the situation just gets so bad that something needs to be done. This was one of those situations.

Good job Eurolanche.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad