Excitement level if your team won the cup this year?

Excitement level if your team won the cup this year.

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Kind of surprised you all haven't used this as an excuse to wall off Surrey.

I'm joking and I have lived in Surrey at various times in my life and always enjoyed it.

When I have more caffeine my backhanded jab at "Vancouverites" will come off better.

Or perhaps not.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Since ive witnessed my team win and multiple times (live too), maybe my answer is distorted but Id put it at an 8

Id be just as happy as normal but then the memory of the season and the idea of guys being at 50-80% and so on would creep in, slightly diminishing it for me

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
If my team won the Cup this year, I wouldn't just be excited, I'd be questioning the very nature of reality.
You didnt hear? The remaining eight teams outside the format play for consolation, and that winner plays in the REAL Cup final

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

If anything this years playoffs will be one of the more memorable ones as it's tied to such a crazy event we'll be telling our grandchildren about some day. Every team is in the same situation, do we put an asterisk next to all the cups teams won when we didn't have 7 game series? When we had shortened seasons? When there were far fewer teams in the league? It will be a glimmer of joy in times of distress, and will be just as significant as any other cup win.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Well, compared to all those other Canuck Cup victories that Ive experienced, it might feel diffrently this time a round. So only 9

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
It doesn't reduce the excitement or legitimacy at all IMO. Still a bunch of teams trying to win and only one comes out on top.

As a Caps fan nothing will top 2018 though. Another one would be nice.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I feel like an 8 is fair. It'd still be huge, and something i'd never forget, etc etc etc. But I feel like there will be something missing, to a playoffs without the fans present and the energy and shared emotion that whole thing carries.
I agree with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad