News Article: Excerpts from Provorov's Interview to Match.tv

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Thanks CSKA!

I hope Provorov plays here until he's forty.

67604447.jpg

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Then there is Drew Doughty who infamous for not working out and smokes but can skate all day and never gets tired.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He did not specify his summer workout routine, but I recall reading that it's focused on cardio, agility, and strength.
Transparently, in my translation I omitted a part, where he says that during the season he works on flexibility and exercises with his own wait.
I’ll try to find the link to the story about the workouts he does with Sergachev and others incl Rubtsov but they did boxing, stair running, pushing giant truck tires as well as yoga. Their trainer developed science-based and hockey-focused routines.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
CSKA1974, thanks for posting that.

I wish a reporter would ask Provy about his puck-handling issues this past season.

The extra minutes and tougher matchups were probably part of it, but the number of turnovers and difficulty in handling the puck, compared to his first two seasons, were notable.

He has said the shoulder injury from last year's playoffs wasn't an issue. Maybe.

But he also looked to be playing with a cut-down stick this past season which, if true, could have contributed to the negative change. I think it would be interesting if someone with access to the team would follow-up on this.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Bill Meltzer had this to say about Provy's possible participation in the World Championship. We'll see if it nets a new contract in the next couple of weeks.

Provorov has told the Russian Hockey Federation that he will play for Team Russia at the World Championships contingent on the impending restricted free agent getting a new deal done first with the Flyers. Toward that end, Fletcher said that he's had dialogue with Provorov's agent, Mark Gandler, as well as Travis Sanheim's agent and others (Travis Konecny, Scott Laughton, Ryan Hartman, Justin Bailey and Phantoms forward Nicolas Aube-Kubel are also RFAs this summer).

Fletcher said that deals will get done this summer with all of the team's RFAs but he is not optimistic of quick resolutions. The GM then added that he isn't pessimistic, either, but his experience is that things tend to drag on a bit before there's a resolution. Right now, things are still at a preliminary stage and, as is normal, there's a gap in the proposals exchanged by both sides that will take negotiations.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I’ll try to find the link to the story about the workouts he does with Sergachev and others incl Rubtsov but they did boxing, stair running, pushing giant truck tires as well as yoga. Their trainer developed science-based and hockey-focused routines.
Ok, found some links to the workouts, which were done last year by Provorov, Sergachev, Rubtsov and A. Svechnikov. The first year it as just Provy and Sergachev.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->